Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer and scale?

Signpro

Is there some sort of "scale" in the Visualizer?  For example:  I'm trying to layout some non-CCR pixel strips along my roofline, but I don't know how many pixels will fit.  Do I need to actually do the math ahead and only draw in that many on the roof, or is there a scale feature like in Corel or Illustrator?

I have the feeling that sequencing will become a nightmare if I have to go back and add or subtract when I actually put the pixels up.

Edited by Signpro

I am using 5 meter strips for my lighting. I broke these down into 10 foot sections, since I am going to be attaching the strips to PVC pistes for ease of installation. I just did the math based on the number of pixels per foot and added that many rgb lights for each fixture.

I am using 5 meter strips for my lighting. I broke these down into 10 foot sections, since I am going to be attaching the strips to PVC pistes for ease of installation. I just did the math based on the number of pixels per foot and added that many rgb lights for each fixture.

Ok, makes sense.  What are you attaching them to?

Creating a scale in a 2D program like the visualizer is hard.  I've played with various thoughts, and each one comes down to a single short fall:  Scale changes with the 'depth' of your stage.  The problems come in when trying to create a '1 point' perspective from what is essentially a '0 point' perspective stage (your photo).  

As stated, the best thing to do is measure the exact thing you are trying to use on your stage and do the math.  Once you have the proper qty, then you can use things like the 'bulb size' to make things appear further away (smaller), or closer (larger).