Light-O-Rama Forums

Full Little Star burst / firecracker

gtoyeah

here is one I just ordered,coming from new jersey so should get here fast  http://www.ebay.com/itm/130794927218?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Good to know. Smaller and less LED's but shipping within 7 days! I did try the smaller tubes however the effect isnt quite as nice. IMO. 

Either way let us know about the quality of them and what you think about them.

Good to know. Smaller and less LED's but shipping within 7 days! I did try the smaller tubes however the effect isnt quite as nice. IMO. 

I sure will,along with my finished star

What is the plate that you used from home depot?

In case I wasn't clear, I was talking about the plate that you mention in the video to cover the wires in back.

In case I wasn't clear, I was talking about the plate that you mention in the video to cover the wires in back.

Sorry for jumping in, I misunderstood what you were asking

How long does it take from the time power is on until the end and then how much time before it cycles through again.  Seems you would want that channel turned on for an optimum time.

Lets see if I get all the questions.

My back plate is a 16x16 square.

As soon as you give the unit power it immediately starts at the bottom and shoots out.

It takes about about 1 full second to shoot from the center to the outside.

After power has been given it all the star "legs" stay the same flow for 10-11 seconds.

Sorry for jumping in, I misunderstood what you were asking

No worries. I'm easy going. I was just concerned that the OP didn't understand my question (and maybe I was right). :)

My back plate is a 16x16 square.

You mentioned something that you purchased at home depot to cover the wires (or maybe I misunderstood.) Do you just use another piece of MDF?

Have you actually tried this out in the elements yet?  That board will be a serious wind catcher.  I used 2', 1/4"steel rods welded to a 4" x 6" x 1/4" steel plate, the plate then bolted to a 1 1/2" PVC pipe.

I have about 70 12" tubes up in two large trees and drip at a faster rate. You can't tell if they start to randomize. They are cool to drip to the beat on fast songs. Also very cool and visitor favorite when the display is in static mode. I have some 35" tubes that I use for a burst. I welded some 1/4" rod to a steel plate and wire tied the tubes to the rods. They stand out well up in the air and nothing going on behind them. Perhaps any pictures/video?

This video shows the 12" drip tubes in the trees starting at 1:11.  The burst is at the end.  In the center of the burst is 3  10W leds.  The lights are brighter than they appear, the camera is turned down because the ball tree is friggin bright!

got my tubes today,ordered sunday so fast shipping. the quality is better than I thought. the ends are sealed and the tubes seem to be pretty thick. I have to say for 15 bucks I am very happy. I will post pics later

• 4 weeks later...

Well.........Finally got the 1st project of my 3 projects for this year, These are my 3 Snow Tube Lights that I copied the idea from....BUT they say copying is the best form of flattery tongue.png

I found that they stay about the same pattern to 8-10 seconds before randomizing but that should be enough time to insert the element for certain parts of my songs.

Thanks for the ideas

http://vimeo.com/60384567

It's really cool how the effect changes when the light reflects off the sheetrock. Not sure if you could duplicate that with some white backing material though.

is each one of these tubes 20" long or is the whole unit 20" long?

Each tube is 20"long there are 8 tubes attached to a 18x18 pc of plywood there is a gap in the center of the wood approx 3" so the tubes end to end span out 43"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to making my hubs for the starburst.  we have been very busy at work until now.

DSCF3238_zps4869aa5f.jpg

DSCF3237_zps31adade6.jpg

DSCF3237_zps31adade6.jpg

DSCF3243_zps22dd040b.jpg

Edited by james campbell
  • Like 1