• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• greywolf

• Herbaclaus

• DougP

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just sent my donation via PayPal.  Thanks for running this again, BobO.  Its good to see all of these members stepping up with donations to expand our "LOR Family".

Ok, so since the preference is to keep the Newbie Family Controller Fund a cash donation instead of hard goods, I'm gonna change my pledge to better suit this goal.  At this point I will donate a the same amount as what I would have for shipping goods but put it as cash toward equipment instead.  IF my promotion comes through this next week, I'll double my pledge, if it turns out to be REALLY good, I'll put in more. ( Please, oh please, oh please! )

-RainyOregonChristmas

Ok, so since the preference is to keep the Newbie Family Controller Fund a cash donation instead of hard goods, I'm gonna change my pledge to better suit this goal.  At this point I will donate a the same amount as what I would have for shipping goods but put it as cash toward equipment instead.  IF my promotion comes through this next week, I'll double my pledge, if it turns out to be REALLY good, I'll put in more. ( Please, oh please, oh please! )

-RainyOregonChristmas

Good luck on your promotion!

The process is WAY earlier this year than prior years.  And way ahead on donations.  I will send the current total to all donors tonight.

Last year the thread was pinned and was more about the applicants.    My suggestion is to wait for applications until the big influx of new comers starts again in the days before the SUMMER sale.  Not the inventory reduction sale.   We will get plenty of applicants then.

Thats rights Jeepers.   For now its here.  We may start another thread later.

Tell us how you came to be a decorator.  And something about yourself and family and why you should be given a controller to get you started. 

This is not really a contest but we know what you mean.  It more like a scholarship.  We have funds for multiple awards this year.   For first year animated families.  Scholarship is awarded only as LOR products of winners choosing. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Just wanted to say Hi, My name is Zachary Carson.
I am a newbie to Light o Rama. This is my front year. I have one controller that I bought my self for 
Christmas. In my little town Hutchinson Ks, We have three house that have shows last year in 2012.
about three years ago I met Lyman Rate that live in my town. He is a very nice guy. he has help me out with getting started. i am so excited when I bought my controller that I am going to do a 4th of July show.Two years ago I built a Holdman star and have it animated with the MR. Christmas. i am looking forward to the Christmas. I was a young father and I am married with two now.I am 27 and my wife is 25. my daughter is 10 and my son is 5 they are excited about helping me put up light this year. 28260_411088446725_4948656_n.jpg

HOT, Off of the press. I have been talking with DAN at LOR over the past week asking permission to post a fund raiser for Bob's fund. Just got this in a message from him. "You can make your post and LOR will match what you contribuite to the fund."  So here is the post. Thanks Dan.

Wire Frame D'lites Helping To Raise Money

In an effort to help raise money for controllers for families that need help, I'm going to donate a portion of all orders received now thru Feb. 15, 2013.

If you need to make payments, I will work with you. If you were thinking about ordering a frame from me, please try to do so before Feb. 15th.

Thanks,

That is fantastic Doug, I'm glad to see Dan is matching

as for an endorsement of Doug's handy work I have ordered many things over the past year, my favorite was his Halloween Mouse Pumpkin

here is a video i did for Doug's website of me using it in my Halloween display, the kids loved the mouse but hated the red-eyed skeleton 

you can hear a little girl cry at 1:27, almost made me take him out of my display......almost  :) But I did stop the show and showed her and her family how that scary eyes and skeleton was just foam and lights

she giggled and I felt better

Edited by PMC

Hi my name is Cliff, I am a newbie. I have been following the forums for about 3 months now. I would like to get into the hobby and have decorated my house over the last 10 years or so with lights. Nothing too wild. Life has been pretty good up until 2009. My father in law had cancer and pass away in April of 2011. This was a long drawn out battle with cancer and it was hard on the entire family. Christmas was a time of joy and it was a time of the year that he loved. He decorated his house also every year. When he passed we had almost an entire year before Christmas so the pain of having him around wasn't as fresh but hurt just the same. My daughter was 5 that Christmas and it turned out to just be a bad Christmas season. My mother in law didn't come over to the house and we didn't see her for the day of Christmas and that left my wife feeling very sad. The one thing we love to do is drive around and look the lights. Over the past few years in our area less and less people are displaying lights. So looking at lights turned out to be a disappointment. 2012 the year started off slow and if we fast forward to June 15th. The world came crashing in again. My mother in law suddenly pass away. The phone call at 2:30 am is that the one anyone ever wants to get! Two months later my wife's grandmother gets word that she has cancer and she passes away a few weeks later. This leaves my wife with no family, other than her brother and our daughter and myself. Christmas time wasn't the same this year. We tried our best to keep things as normal as we can for our six year old daughter. I put lights up outside and this year added more to the house and starting planning what to do for 2013. I showed my wife and daughter videos of the houses people from this sight have done over that few years and they were amazed. 

This got me into looking at automated light shows and what it would take to do our own. No one in our town does one and I could bring some Christmas cheer to our home and share it with others. The neighbor across the street does a great static show and loves putting up the lights, but this year he didn't do it. He is fighting his own battle with cancer. So now I am on a mission to bring some life back into our neighborhood and city. 

Please consider me for the newbie fund. I am in search of something to give us a new hope for Christmas  God is good and he is the reason for the season but, their is nothing better then spending the quality time with the family riding around looking at Christmas lights. 

I'd like to thank this forum and maybe I can become one of you guys. Thanks. 

Just a reminder that there are only two more days to get your orders in to help fund this fund. I'm giving part of my profits to the fun and Lor is going to match it.

Doug