Light-O-Rama Forums

Strongvault?

FarrOut

I installed LOR software a week or so ago, and apparently it installed something called Strongvault online backup.

My PC began running extremely slow, so I went to the control panel and deleted a lot of programs including Strongvault.

Now I can't load Sequence editor because it can't find a path to strongvault.

What's up?

Where did you download the LOR Software from? If you downloaded from the LOR site or (cheap plug) LORFaq.com, then LOR didn't install the Strongvault software.

If you downloaded the software from somewhere else, then it's possible that you got a bad version, with malware, etc., installed. Unlikely, but possible.

You could always uninstall and re-install LOR and see if that helps. You'd need to run the registry wipe utility, to 100% remove the LOR software from your system. What version of LOR are you running? Let us know and I can get you a link to the registry wipe utility.

To be safe, make a copy of your LOR Data into another directory.

1) Remove the LOR Software.

2) Run the registry wipe program.

3) You might consider a reboot, just for the heck of it.

4) Re-install LOR.

As ItsMeBobO mentioned, you may want to find a way to deal with the Strongvault program. It wasn't put there by LOR, but it's obviously causing problem for your system.

Thanks, I think that worked.

I probably got the strongvault when I downloaded Rocket mp3 the same day I installed LOR.

Thanks, I think that worked.

I probably got the strongvault when I downloaded Rocket mp3 the same day I installed LOR.

Downloading MP3's from many of those "free MP3" downloading sites will in, most cases, install unwanted software on your computer, many times these additional programs are malware, adware or worse, a virus infected program.

I'd strongly recommend you download your MP3 music from trusted sources such as CDBaby, Amazon or ITunes.  I have used these 3 with no issues and paying .99¢ for a clean MP3 file is much safer than most of those "free MP3 sharing sites".

I used to use them, but seems every time I did I was having to clean my system, and that was even with the most up to date virus definitions and virus checking software on my system.

Believe me, it's worth the .99¢ price tag from Amazon, CDBaby or ITunes to get an MP3 as opposed to getting malware or infected with a virus that can be a real pain to clear out.

Personally I'd delete and remove everything associated with any "free" MP3 file sharing site."  But that's just from my own experiences in the past with them and my opinion of course.