Light-O-Rama Forums

Where Have All The good Guys Gone

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that the forum is losing extremley intelligent and long time members, I have no clue as to why, any one know where they have gone?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TitusCarnathan

• Santas Helper

• TGabriel

• George Simmons

I believe they gave up and moved on to other forums because of no response from LOR on problems they were having.

I just hope they didn't burn the bridge down.

Thomas

Guest Don Gillespie

I believe they gave up and moved on to other forums because of no response from LOR on problems they were having.

Thomas

Ok what did I miss?

should I assume because I am still here that I am NOT extremely intelligent?

Yes, that is exactly what you should assume.. ;)

I on the other hand, know for sure that I am still here... therefore I can say with certainty that I am not extremely intelligent.... :P

When I was first starting, the two people from whom I learned the most was Jeff Millard and William Bottomley. I had more questions than knowledge and they each took the time to answer those questions - publicly, by PM and by email. It didn't take me long to recognize who the "go to" guys around here were. It's a shame that today's new people won't have access to those same resources.

Edited by George Simmons

Gentlemen i don't know if this is true or not but someone told me there is another board where you have to pay a fee for the year to join and many from here and planet christmas have joined again i 'm not sure of this information

Gentlemen i don't know if this is true or not but someone told me there is another board where you have to pay a fee for the year to join and many from here and planet christmas have joined again i 'm not sure of this information

Sounds interesting. Keep us posted.

Might be better to do it by email. Mine is george at Clearwaterlights (one word) dot ORG.

Thanks.

I "think" I read on a post that they were just getting tired of answering questions that have been covered "forever" by them and others, by newbies, NOT using the search. I could be wrong.

Tom Straub

The term "freedom of speech" was used to loosely and now to tightly combinded with the complaining to LOR for deals that went bad caused the major problem and censorship on these boards.

Hopefully some tweaks from Dan will get these boards back on track.

Maybe a disclaimer of some sort.

John (oldandslow)

The are both over on: doityourselfchristmas.com - you can read why over on that forum.

Thanks for the information as I didn't know about that site. I'm always looking for help so I will check that site out.

When I was first starting, the two people from whom I learned the most was Jeff Millard and William Bottomley. I had more questions than knowledge and they each took the time to answer those questions - publicly, by PM and by email. It didn't take me long to recognize who the "go to" guys around here were. It's a shame that today's new people won't have access to those same resources.

I agree George, and I thought I was the only one.

Edited by TitusCarnathan

Thomas

This has to be totally wrong. The LOR products/support is great!!!

I think it's a combo of forum restrictions (moderators going too far) and as mentioned earlier, folks not searching before asking IMHO may have caused a short in some.

I'm a good guy and I'm still here :P

But I know the OP wasn't talkin about me even though I've been around since 2005 in PC and the very beginning of this forum.

And Facebook? I won't spend my life on this as a lot of folks do. I'm old school and will stick with forums.

I will admit, I stopped going to Planet Christmas because of it's VERY wide audience of difference topics and I was wading thru a bunch of stuff just to get to topics I liked. Then there were reposts on there and here alike so I just stuck with this forum. Made life alot easier.

But mostly, I think some are just taking a break (or slowing down like myself). It's been a busy season for lots of us.

I think it's a combo of forum restrictions (moderators going too far) and as mentioned earlier, folks not searching before asking IMHO may have caused a short in some. [snip] I've been around since 2005 in PC and the very beginning of this forum. [snip] But mostly, I think some are just taking a break...

I think you've mostly nailed it Tom. I only go back to 2008, but you've been around here long enough that you've seen the complete metamorphosis from what this forum once was to what it's become today. The entitlement mentailty has taken hold and it simply doesn't mesh well with veterans who expect new people to at least do SOMETHING to help educate themselves before whining to Admin that they're being disrespected. I can assure you that the people who've left or who've stopped contributing (at least the ones I've come to know personally) aren't taking a break or slowing down. Quite the contrary. It simply boils down to the fact that LOR has made THEIR choices who they want around here and the veterans have made theirs.