Light-O-Rama Forums

Basic plus upgrade ?

jer75

HI all ,

My software licence is for Basic plus I went to upgrade it to the advanced so I could start using DMX but I was told I'd need to get Superstar as well ,

Is this right , I'm only using some dumb strings and some smart pixels but nothing like CCRs .

I just dont want to get the wrong upgrade .

Thanks

Jerry

You don't need the Superstar Sequence Editor to run DMX. The SSE, for some, makes it easier to program items such as the Cosmic Color Ribbons/Bulbs/Pixels.

In your specific case, I would recommend going ahead and getting the upgrade from Basic Plus to Advanced. The SSE will run in demo mode, so you will be able to try it out and see if you think you need it. At that point, you can then purchase the SSE add-on.

Many thanks Don , thats all I needed to know , its surprising how quickly it all grows in the display , I can finally start planning for this year now :D

• 3 weeks later...

I am upgrading from Basic plus to advanced and was wondering how to transfer my sequences from Basic plus to advanced. Also getting a new laptop. So I will need to move my old sequences to the new laptop.

I am upgrading from Basic plus to advanced and was wondering how to transfer my sequences from Basic plus to advanced. Also getting a new laptop. So I will need to move my old sequences to the new laptop.

You won't need to do anything to transfer the sequences from Basic Plus to Advanced. You might have to re-enter your license key, but that's it.

By default your sequences and audio are stored in folders called "Sequences" and "Audio." These two folders can be found in your default Light-O-Rama directory, usually in the "Light-O-Rama" folder under "My Documents." When copying the sequences to another computer, you will want to put the sequences in the Sequences directory, and the audio in the Audio directory.

If the directories on the two computers are different then you will need to re-associate the audio with the sequence file. To do this simply open the sequence in the Sequence Editor and click on "Edit -> Media File" and choose the audio file.

• Like 1