Light-O-Rama Forums

How much does a 50-70ct mini LED string weigh? Too much for a flag pole?

AdamStavs

not to steal this thread...but has anybody seen a telescoping flagpole that is raised by hydraulics or air?

That's what I want/need to build...

Look at the masts used on TV remote news trucks. They are driven by are and usually about 30 feet tall.

Look at the masts used on TV remote news trucks. They are driven by are and usually about 30 feet tall.

Yeah..when I Googled "hydraulic flagpoles" that's what came up...was hoping for something I could build..or cheap enough to buy

Cool. I may only have to buy one if i can get it in a 16' length

I think (after lifting up a piece of 16' black pipe) you may want to consider aluminum...especially if you have no other means to lift it up than YOU. :rolleyes:

Plus the dead weight of guys wires that will be attached to the top and middle...

Edited by jimswinder

After I posted above, I googled about black pipe. Black is stronger depending on what method the galvanized is made. I guess once you go black...

Edited by scubado

Hey Ron,

go figure sounds like you calling it water pipe sounds right.

either way.

I've used both the black gas pipe and the galvinized"water" pipe. what ever you want to call it.

I perfer the galvinized as stated above is doesn't rust as fast and cleaner to handle. Also in my above post it can handle the weight and wind.

And yes it was a pain to stand the pole and guy wires (26' of pole). I did it with two people and won't do that again. You'll need atleast 3.

My pole is the longest so far. :lol:

Edited by dknahoolewa