Light-O-Rama Forums

3 Color Mega Tree

mmais68569

How do I do a 3 color mega tree? I have tried doing 3 different trees & over lay them but when I hit play they all shimmer, twinkle which is not in the sequence. I am brand new to the visualizer so take it easy on me very clear steps please.

Mike

I read the above & unless I am blind in both eyes it says nothing about 3 color 8 section mega trees. All I read about was straight line strings.

Mike

mmais68569. do mean 3 color 8 channels?

I just made my own mega tree in the visualizer myself. Three colors, 12 channels each color. Were you having a problem maybe I can help you

• Like 1

Actually Mike I would have about the same for next year. Thanks for posting I was wondering the same thing.

Herb

Mike I made a very detailed step-by-step for you. Shouldn't take you any more than 20 min. to make the mega tree.

I pm'ed it to you.

Mike I made a very detailed step-by-step for you. Shouldn't take you any more than 20 min. to make the mega tree.I pm'ed it to you.

Hey Ralph, you wouldn't mind sending that to me too would you. Everytime i post how I made mine, i get shot down as not the way to do it. I would like to see how everyone else is doing it.

You have 24 total channels, 8 each of 3 different colors.

Create an 8 segment (fixture) tree. Define each segment (fixture) to have 3 colors.

Should take about 30 seconds to create the tree, and another 30 to use the channel wizard to assign the channels.

Mike mine creates (first bundle) Unit 1 channels 1 Red 2 White 3 Blue and 4 Green. In my setup, I need it to do: Unit 1 Channel 1 Red, Unit 2 Channel 1 White, Unit 3 Channel 1 Blue, and Unit 4 Channel 1 Green.

Is there a way to do this or do I have to go in and change all 16 bundles by hand? If I have to change all 64 channels by hand, I'll sacrifice the visualizer processing and create 4 trees and run the channel config on each. takes about 1/4 the time to create a 4 color tree this way. I understand some may want to put 4 different colors in fours on one controller. In my setup though, I would have to move channels around in the Sequence Editor to get my desired effects, which is almost as time consuming as changing 64 channels, one at a time to match the sequencing.

Am I just weird in my set-up or am I missing something in the visualizer set-up?

Ron

Edit:

I just realized something, does the visualizer create a multi-color tree assuming the use of super strings? If so, I see the reasoning for why it does it the way it does. Either way, I must either change my Channel Config in the SE to match the Visualizer, or match the Visualizer to my Channel config. Neither one will take less than 30 minutes.

Edited by Ron Boyd

I think what you are say is that when you set the first channel the wizard automatically assumes that all channels are in order. If this is the case & yours like mine are not, after you have created the tree. On the right double left click bundle 1, a box will appear with your first section & 4 channels assigned. Left click 1 once a box will appear & you can assign your correct channel. At this time also change the color to red, green or what ever. When done click OK & do the same on 2-4, then click OK on the fixture properties & go to bundle 2-8 doing the same thing. Save your work & you should be done.

If you need anymore help let me know, I will be out of town for the next 6 days but will have my laptop with me, but maybe a little longer with reply.

Mike

Yeah, that's what I started doing, but that's 60 times to change channels to my configuration and about 30 minutes of work, at least. When I created 4 seperate trees, and layed them on top of each other, it took about 10 minutes to complete. With the 160 channels and non-LOR pixels I'm including in my display this year, along with the LOR CC Pixels, my visualizer took about 10 hours to complete. that's using some props that I already had and was not changing. After that long, I was ready to do something simple, and the way I made my Mega tree was simple.

As Mike said in another thread, and I quote,

"I personally wouldn't do what Ron is suggesting. Yes, you can make it work and if you like the look it's OK. But remember that the 4 (in your case 3) tree method is at the expense of a lot of processing the Visualizer doesn't need to do."

My tree will not have all 4 colors on at once. Don't know if that will make a difference or not, but it's the way I did mine, not to mention, my visualizer looks exactly like my display will look once it's set up.

Maybe I'm just missing something. I don't know.

Ron

My apologies. Sorry about that. I should have read all the way through to your sign-out. I definitely don't want to step on any toes

The quote was from DevMike from this thread:

I realize it may take a little bit of time, but wiring the Visualizer can be a one time thing if you follow some best practices: