Light-O-Rama Forums

CCPs and CCBs not working properly in SSS

Rabeiler

New to SSS. I was just playing with it at the end of the season with my existing display and had some issues. I setup a sequence in SSS using 4 CCPs. Each CCP unit has two strings of 50 lights. I have tried several different configurations with the CCPs in SSS, but at least half of the lights are not working. I am done for the year and will bring the stuff inside to test, but I must be doing something wrong. I have two CCRs and a 2 channel SSS that I created for them works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ross

First thing to check is how the CCPs are configured. Launch the hardware utiltiy and make sure they are in "dual normal" mode. In "dual normal" mode you assign one unit ID to the controller, and the controller will use that unit ID for the first CCP string and will use the next unit ID for the second CCP string that is connected to the controller. In that way, they will behave the same as two strings of CCRs and then SuperStar can treat them like CCRs.

Note that in the Visualizer you can only create CCRs, there are no options for CCBs, or CCPs. The idea is that you add your CCBs and CCPs to your visualization as if they were CCRs. And as long as you have them configured in "dual normal" mode it all works.

Does this mean that if I have 4 CCPs I actually need a SSS license for 8 CCRs? It seems like that is what you are stating. Right now I am only using one unit id for each of the 4 CCPs.

If you mean that you have 4 CCP controllers and 8 CCP strings then yes you need the 8 CCR license. The 8 CCR license will export 1200 channels and that is how many channels are in 8 CCP strings.

thanks - i really should have figured that out on my own!!! One more thing to add to the planning list for 2013 - and upgrade from 4 to 8 on SSS.