Light-O-Rama Forums

Unwanted lights? Want to get rid of them?

Sheldon_15

I literally jus fell on the floor., l

*places head in pillow and screams*

Thanks you so much!!! All of you! I'm really blessed!! I seriously don't know what to say other than i am severely greatly thankful!

Ahhh:) :) :) :)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sheldon_15

• PMC

• plasmadrive

• Jeff Messer

PM sent

Sheldon, We who do this type of light show are not in it for the TV-Newspaper coverage. of course when it happens we are grateful but we do it for the love of Christmas, and whats the Holiday without a little giving, You seem to be the real deal and I been watching this thread and all I can say is "Happy Lighting"

On my website I say "Merry Christmas, All Year Long" .... and I live by that

Edited by PMC

PM sent

Sheldon, We who do this type of light show are not in it for the TV-Newspaper coverage. of course when it happens we are grateful but we do it for the love of Christmas, and whats the Holiday without a little giving, You seem to be the real deal and I been watching this thread and all I can say is "Happy Lighting"

On my website I say "Merry Christmas, All Year Long" .... and I live by that

Thanks!!! So much! Ill be sure to go by that too'

This thread brought a tear to my eye...just beautiful guys!! I was reading it to my wife on page 1, and I told her, wouldn't surprise me if someone gives him a controller, and BAM, it happens! I got a little choked up reading it...welcome aboard Sheldon!

This thread brought a tear to my eye...just beautiful guys!! I was reading it to my wife on page 1, and I told her, wouldn't surprise me if someone gives him a controller, and BAM, it happens! I got a little choked up reading it...welcome aboard Sheldon!

Thanks! And trust me, I have had my fair share of tears of joy too. You have no idea!

I am totally awed by the generosity of some of you on the forums. Wow! What great people! I wish I could help out, but I don't have any extra lights right now. No one can tell me that this isn't the best forum with the best people in the business! Thanks again for your good examples.

Yep,Gave me that warm feeling as I am working on a new pixel tree. Sheldon, Have you bought the software package yet or just looking at the demo?

Jeff

There have been some posts recently whereupon people are inferring this is some type of scam.

These posts are getting old, are not called for and have been removed.

If you have evidence this is a scam, please bring it to the attention of the LOR staff, via PM, email, or via the help desk. It will be investigated and any appropriate action taken.

Hey Sheldon, have you downloaded the software yet and looked at it???

I do plan on making my on sequences lol, I've already started, but if i get so close to christmas I will use some copied ones "IF" I don't have enough for a full show

Yea lol just a little;)

Looks like he has.

Missed that post, but glad to see your on the ball Don. Or do you just like me that much that you watch all my posts? ;)

Edited by shfr26

I will wait and see how Shelton is running his LOR software. If he has not bought it I will handle that issue for him. If he has I will look into other option to help him out. This way I am paying forward as so many has helped me on here.

Jeff

There have been some posts recently whereupon people are inferring this is some type of scam.

These posts are getting old, are not called for and have been removed.

If you have evidence this is a scam, please bring it to the attention of the LOR staff, via PM, email, or via the help desk. It will be investigated and any appropriate action taken.

I'm not sure how this would my a scam... Sorry to cause any trouble..

Yep,Gave me that warm feeling as I am working on a new pixel tree. Sheldon, Have you bought the software package yet or just looking at the demo?

Jeff

No, I have just been playing with the demo. It's quite fun actually!

Great thread! Sheldon your the beneficiary of such good will...and I know that this example will be something that as you get older you can echo to someone else who has our passion but not the means.

I just wanted to say to all the members helping out how much I admire what you are doing.

My daughter asked me a few weeks ago, after I had given some money to a man asking for $10 for food how I knew that he would use it for that. I told her that it didn't matter....that he said he was in need and I felt called to help him. What he did with my gift was up to him. Ya'll have set a good example for others on this forum.

Thanks.

I will wait and see how Shelton is running his LOR software. If he has not bought it I will handle that issue for him. If he has I will look into other option to help him out. This way I am paying forward as so many has helped me on here.

Jeff

Very awesom Jeff...

Craig

if I felt Sheldon was a scam artist, I wouldn't have donated a controller and adapter to the cause, am I going to donate to everybody that asks, no. Plus I have his physical address, most if not all scam artists don't provide their real address. I feel his intentions were completely innocent, he asked hey, if you have some spare lights instead of tossing them away, toss them my way. We are the ones who added on to his "hobby" in a innocent way, we of this forum adopted him and will make him into a sequencer,

And honestly..... A scam artist for old incan lights? really? maybe I'm out of touch with the incan lighting underworld, what is the street value of a single 100 incan light string today?

Just look at his original post

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

As some of you are taking down your displays you might say I don't needs/want these anymore. Or even some lights you had that are getting in the way. If your willing to just give them away I will pay for shipping! I'm trying to save up for a controller(hence I'm only 16) but I need more lights to add to my house/yard. So if any one wants to help a newbie out feel free. Please no negative comments. I'm just trying to see if any one has any lights or decorations they have that they don't want.

you tell me how that post warrants a scam artist, he was willing to pay for shipping

I know some of you are thinking hes playing us, by that, "awww shucks mister, wish I had one of those".... sorry, I don't feel that was/is his intention, Sheldon knows this isn't going to be easy and he is excited to read and work with the Sequence Editor, even went as far as looking into finding a shared sequence to work with to make Christmas 2013 work, He knows he didn't have all the equipment to make it work, but he felt if he saved money on lights, he could get a controller...... yeah that's the earmarks of a scammer, honestly how could anybody think that was his intentions?

Hey Sheldon, how much cat5 (computer cable) do you think you need to run between your computer to where the light show will be? will a 100ft be enough? I will include that as well

Now lets see someone donate a FM transmitter, I'm sure there are plenty of you out there that have a older one that will work just fine

Edited by PMC

Hey Sheldon, how much cat5 (computer cable) do you think you need to run between your computer to where the light show will be? will a 100ft be enough? I will include that as well

Yes that should be plenty! Thank you so much!! You are very kind!