Light-O-Rama Forums

Unwanted lights? Want to get rid of them?

Sheldon_15

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sheldon_15

• PMC

• plasmadrive

• Jeff Messer

Oh Sure, get the kid addicted to this "Hobby", give him a few lights for free, oh hell maybe Dan can score him a controller, and he scores a few sequences from strangers he doesn't even know, and this year he will have a single controller and his lights and he sees what everybody else misses and he will be happy....today, then the following year, what maybe another controller or 2, and he will need to "score" more lights, and what if he wants to go RGB are you ready to help him here too, maybe "Fast Eddy" if thats his real name might get him hooked on that, where does this madness stop I hope you people understand what your doing to this innocent person, Remember "JSNTBL" Just Say No To Blinking Lights

Thats the way us pushers work, start them on something easy before moving them onto something hard :D .

But this thread is really what this community is all about.

Well well well....

Sheldon Sheldon Sheldon...

Let me start by saying WOW! Im very touched by seeing all this unfold as it has!!

I have something you may be able to use. If you are interested, i'm willing to hand over my minidirector for free if you would like to have it. PM me your shipping info and it's yours!

I have seen a few times in your past post you speaking of being blessed. That to me means a million coming from a strong christian background. There are a few reasons why we ALL do this crazy lighting shows. The main reason I do this is to celebrate our saviors birth/birthday. With this being said, follow his lead and you shall prosper.Never leave his side for he will never leave yours!

Keep in faith my friend.

To my fellow LOR associates: I am deeply touched in what you all have done for this young man! It goes without notice in our makers eyes. And for this we shall continue giving. May you all stay blessed. For these are the greatest moments we have.

Who knows how much my family & I have given to the homeless here in Houston. To be able to do such little for a young man NONE of us really even know, touches this family deeply!

From my family to yours THANKS!!!!

Sheldon give us old guys/gals a run for our $$$$. Always remember this. It's NOT a competition, it's a celebration!

Well well well....

Sheldon Sheldon Sheldon...

Let me start by saying WOW! Im very touched by seeing all this unfold as it has!!

I have something you may be able to use. If you are interested, i'm willing to hand over my minidirector for free if you would like to have it. PM me your shipping info and it's yours!

I have seen a few times in your past post you speaking of being blessed. That to me means a million coming from a strong christian background. There are a few reasons why we ALL do this crazy lighting shows. The main reason I do this is to celebrate our saviors birth/birthday. With this being said, follow his lead and you shall prosper.Never leave his side for he will never leave yours!

Keep in faith my friend.

To my fellow LOR associates: I am deeply touched in what you all have done for this young man! It goes without notice in our makers eyes. And for this we shall continue giving. May you all stay blessed. For these are the greatest moments we have.

Who knows how much my family & I have given to the homeless here in Houston. To be able to do such little for a young man NONE of us really even know, touches this family deeply!

From my family to yours THANKS!!!!

Sheldon give us old guys/gals a run for our $$$$. Always remember this. It's NOT a competition, it's a celebration!

Made me tear up a bit. Thank you so much!

I have a Ramsey FM Transmitter that I want to give to him, but the output has been blown and I don't know how to fix it. Would anyone here be willing to fix it and send it on to him?

hdracer, I could not of worded that any better "Always remember this. It's NOT a competition, it's a celebration!" and Sheldon's pride in his religion is what made me donate the controller

Ed, Thanks for having a sense of humor about that, I was hoping you wouldn't have taken that the wrong way.

Doug, I just placed an order with you, July 4th is coming up and I need 2 of your 5 point stars, and you can place the transmitter in my shipment, it sounds like the Ramsey popped a final, I have parts for that and i have an antenna that will fit it

Edited by PMC

Way to go Ron! This has been the most enjoyment watching this all unfold...

And hdracer is right... "It's NOT a competition, it's a celebration!"

Great Doug and AGAIN PMC!

Edited by plasmadrive

Doug, I just placed an order with you, July 4th is coming up and I need 2 of your 5 point stars, and you can place the transmitter in my shipment, it sounds like the Ramsey popped a final, I have parts for that and i have an antenna that will fit it

Got you order and thanks for it and also for going to fix the Ramsey. Giving him the tramsmitter will be my way of paying it forward. Everyone has been so good to me from this form.

Made me tear up a bit. Thank you so much!

Anytime little brother, just remember to never lose faith! Real mean do cry no matter who is around!

I'm gonna put it out there for you Sheldon..

This kid needs some cat5 or cat6, he will also need some sort of converter too.

http://www.lightoram...Converters.html

You will feel better about yourself when done releasing the grip!

Just remember that one person that helped you as a kid, now is your chance to be that person!

Edited by hdracer

after reading this thread when it first started I never thought it would end up here. Sheldon congrats on all your new equipment,now come the hard part ,,,waiting for Christmas or even setting up for christmas. I can remember my first season,all I did was think about Christmas displays. good luck and it is great to see all the generosity here

Wonderful Thread! Sheldon congrats! And to all of you other, what a wonderful thing you've done to reaffirm good will in men. What an amazing community this is indeed.

Anytime little brother, just remember to never lose faith! Real mean do cry no matter who is around!

I'm gonna put it out there for you Sheldon..

This kid needs some cat5 or cat6, he will also need some sort of converter too.

http://www.lightoram...Converters.html

You will feel better about yourself when done releasing the grip!

Just remember that one person that helped you as a kid, now is your chance to be that person!

I got him covered, When I sent my Controller to LOR for inspection I also included a USB-485 adapter and over a 100ft of Cat5 Cable, and within a few months he will have a FM Transmitter

The only other cable he will need is the cat5 jumper from controller to controller

Edited by PMC

I got him covered, When I sent my Controller to LOR for inspection I also included a USB-485 adapter and over a 100ft of Cat5 Cable, and within a few months he will have a FM Transmitter

The only other cable he will need is the cat5 jumper from controller to controller

I got this part covered as well, I'm including another 50 ft. Cat5e cable when I send his other controller.

I'm sending a LOR1602W. I also sent him a link for the manual and what page. It's as simple as switching to 02 from 01 but I can do that.

I am feeling very left out of this thread. :)

What is the Ramsey's input jack? (3.5 mm?) If someone will let me know what it is, I'll jump on this bandwagon and send him an audio cable from his computer to his transmitter, a spare CAT5 cable (I had one go bad on me this year, so a spare is good to have), and a load of zip ties form Monoprice.

Sheldon, I think it is awesome what people are doing for you. I wish you the best of luck!

I'll PM you to follow-up. :)