Light-O-Rama Forums

Unwanted lights? Want to get rid of them?

Sheldon_15

As some of you are taking down your displays you might say I don't needs/want these anymore. Or even some lights you had that are getting in the way. If your willing to just give them away I will pay for shipping! I'm trying to save up for a controller(hence I'm only 16) but I need more lights to add to my house/yard. So if any one wants to help a newbie out feel free. Please no negative comments. I'm just trying to see if any one has any lights or decorations they have that they don't want.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sheldon_15

• PMC

• plasmadrive

• Jeff Messer

I am interesting in giving you lights but there is a few catches, (other then you have to pay the shipping)..

1. You will have to have your parents call me and agree that they are ok with this and will let you do it.
  2. You have to promise you will put together a show for this year and post a video of it around Christmas time.

If your parents are willing, PM me and I will give you my phone number for them to call me.

You have to have at least one controller and the LOR software running the show.

But as soon as I get a controller I will have a show! :) I already have a few sequences people have sent me that I edited my self and they are ready to go!:)

Shipping is going to be expensive.... so I will tell you what.. let me talk to your dad and if that goes well I will send you some and cover the shipping to help you get started..

You should be receiving a few boxes with lights in a couple of weeks. There may be way more then you can use right away.. depends on how many fit in a box.. but keep em as spares and to play with. Should be plenty to start with.

I don't have any used white ones so I will send you enough new ones to make the two arches you want to make.

Don't forget to concider your power load from however many lights you use.

Sheldon_15, send me a PM with a list of lights you are looking for. I have quite a few new lights I am looking to get rid of if you are interested. I'll send them to you for free as long as you pay it forward and its okay with your parents.

I've been lucky to have received help from members here in the past (I'm beginning my 3rd year of using LOR), so I'm willing to help a newbie out.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Sheldon, check you PMs.. I have your box ready to go out on Monday.. It will be about 30-40 lbs of "stuff" Remember, you owe us a video of your first show...

Please tell your dad it was a pleasure talking to him.

Shipping is going to be expensive.... so I will tell you what.. let me talk to your dad and if that goes well I will send you some and cover the shipping to help you get started..

Sheldon_15, send me a PM with a list of lights you are looking for. I have quite a few new lights I am looking to get rid of if you are interested. I'll send them to you for free as long as you pay it forward and its okay with your parents.

I've been lucky to have received help from members here in the past (I'm beginning my 3rd year of using LOR), so I'm willing to help a newbie out.

Paul

You know what guys, this is a very generous gesture you're doing. With all the negatives I've read through these last few months, and the sarcasm in some of the threads, I just want you to know that, I appreciate what you are doing. It's nice to know that there are still a lot of good people out there.

Sheldon_15, this is a great opportunity for you. This can be quite an expensive hobby and when you have folks offer to give you something, it's special. We will be looking forward to seeing what you create. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Ron

Sheldon, check you PMs.. I have your box ready to go out on Monday.. It will be about 30-40 lbs of "stuff" Remember, you owe us a video of your first show...

Please tell your dad it was a pleasure talking to him.

I did! And I will post a video the first time my show is lit up!:)

I still haven't got all of my light taken down yet. But when I do I'll let you know.

Okay thank! No rush:)

You know what guys, this is a very generous gesture you're doing. With all the negatives I've read through these last few months, and the sarcasm in some of the threads, I just want you to know that, I appreciate what you are doing. It's nice to know that there are still a lot of good people out there.

Sheldon_15, this is a great opportunity for you. This can be quite an expensive hobby and when you have folks offer to give you something, it's special. We will be looking forward to seeing what you create. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Ron

Thanks, and yes this is a great opportunity for me and I am ever so greatful that there is still people in this world that do very generous things for complete strangers.

I have quite a few red minis or multi minis that will go un-used. Let me know if you are interested.

PM sent!:)

Send me a PM, I think I might have something for you. I have always wanted to do a show since I was about 11/12, and I finally got my first show up when I was 16...It wasn't much but it was something. I'll let you in on a few tips for starting at 16, and also, I've been treated very well, and this is me "Paying it Forward", hopefully you'll accept.

Oh Sure, get the kid addicted to this "Hobby", give him a few lights for free, oh hell maybe Dan can score him a controller, and he scores a few sequences from strangers he doesn't even know, and this year he will have a single controller and his lights and he sees what everybody else misses and he will be happy....today, then the following year, what maybe another controller or 2, and he will need to "score" more lights, and what if he wants to go RGB are you ready to help him here too, maybe "Fast Eddy" if thats his real name might get him hooked on that, where does this madness stop I hope you people understand what your doing to this innocent person, Remember "JSNTBL" Just Say No To Blinking Lights

Oh Sure, get the kid addicted to this "Hobby", give him a few lights for free, oh hell maybe Dan can score him a controller, and he scores a few sequences from strangers he doesn't even know, and this year he will have a single controller and his lights and he sees what everybody else misses and he will be happy....today, then the following year, what maybe another controller or 2, and he will need to "score" more lights, and what if he wants to go RGB are you ready to help him here too, maybe "Fast Eddy" if thats his real name might get him hooked on that, where does this madness stop I hope you people understand what your doing to this innocent person, Remember "JSNTBL" Just Say No To Blinking Lights

LMAO!!!