Light-O-Rama Forums

Software Channels

drkngl417

Searched on Manufactures website and read all over forums. Can someone please answer this.

What is the maximum number of channels that each one of these will run?

Vixen

LOR S3 Advanced

Lightshow Pro Professional

I know what I want my display to do and how many lights I want to run. Now it is just finding the software that will do it.

LOR can run both controllers and DMX devices at the same time. Each controller supports 16 channels with some guides on how much power each channel and each 8channel group can use. From the LOR FAQ - Up to 240 LOR devices can be networked together. Currently the maximum number of channels/circuits per controller is 16. 240 controllers times 16 channels/controller allows you to control 3,840 independent channels. This does not include DMX Universes..

For the other two, you might check on the http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums for others. For example, Vixen3 is reported to max out at 9,999 channels - not including DMX.

Guest wbottomley

Searched on Manufactures website and read all over forums. Can someone please answer this.

What is the maximum number of channels that each one of these will run?

Vixen

LOR S3 Advanced

Lightshow Pro Professional

I know what I want my display to do and how many lights I want to run. Now it is just finding the software that will do it.

As far as the other software companies, I would send an email to them. That's one way to find out as this is Light-O-Rama support only.

The 3840 number misses the ability to run 16 LOR networks. And DMX allows you to configure 999 universes of e1.31 DMX.

But that probably doesn't tell the full story.