Light-O-Rama Forums

3840 Pixel Screen, Ultimate Mega Tree at the happyholidayhome

thebaronn

This may be the only video I post unless I get a better camera (I am taking all suggestions by the way, PLEASE!!!!) As everyone says: the camera doesn't do the colors justice.This is the big song (so far). It is a Carol of the Bells Medley that comes in at 4 minutes. Show contains 2 CCpixel controllers, 4 firefli units, 54 LOR Channels, a WS2811 48X80 Pixel screen, and WS2811 ball pixels on the tree. the pixels are split accross 6 SanDevices controllers and 26 DMX universes. So far this is my biggest sequence, coming in at 756MB!! No LAG! (the train is a separate sequence) The sequence is unlisted now, until I am sure this willl be the final version. I have Santa and 9 Reindeer in the front yard also! Let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/HxBs7TuT81Y

• Like 1

Did you use all Light-O-Rama for the pixels? I am planning a 26 x 80 screen and I just try to figure out what the best software for sequencing is...

Did you use all Light-O-Rama for the pixels? I am planning a 26 x 80 screen and I just try to figure out what the best software for sequencing is...

For the screen, I used LSP. I created the video I wanted to display and had LSP apply it to the pixel matrix. They released a 64bit version on 12/3 and that's when I pushed it. But the LSP Scheduler just couldn't handle the sequence (they say that LSP has no issues up until 30MB, the sequence is 86MB in LSP, oops...) so I had to convert every song to LOR and copy and paste. For the massive pixels, LSP is the way to go right now, the matrix editor is just too powerful. But the LSP scheduler is just plain terrible. LOR has its issues but as long as I followed: copy/paste, save, close, re-open.... I was fine. LOR always crashed if I tried to copy/paste twice in a row (even with UNDO off). I still love the S3 sequencer, and I plan on owning both of them again next year, (I have only used LSP and LOR so I cannot comment on other sequencers)

I may have reached the glass ceiling in S3. I am working on a sequence that is 4:23 and I am at 900MB right now and have 2 more of the pixel panels to add in.....

I am going to try and finish tonight after work (of all the computers I have access to only, my home computer can handle everything, it still takes over a minute to open....wish me luck!)

Wow great job, how do you find time after that incredible Halloween show. Really like how your mega tree came out.

THANK YOU!!!! Everyone says something about the screen, (which now I have no idea what to do to top it next year.......) but you are the first to say something about the tree, thank you!

THAT!!! is my favorite part of the display.

Flourescent green+black lights!!!!

Guest Don Gillespie

Looks really sharp, what did you use to build your tree? looks like plywood cut outs but can't tell for sure. I like the topper as well, the screen must be a crowd pleaser.

Looks really sharp, what did you use to build your tree? looks like plywood cut outs but can't tell for sure. I like the topper as well, the screen must be a crowd pleaser.

Thank you, guess I am going to costc on thursday and buying a new camera, hopefully one that takes good video also.

I have to admit, the screen turned ut better that I could have hoped. I have Merry Christmas Charlie brown playing on it during linus and Lucy, I have Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer playing on it during Frosty the Snowman...JK.

But what does everyone say: are you doing Jack again next year???

I guess I am now!

I love the tree too. How did you build it?

Thank you, guess I am going to costc on thursday and buying a new camera, hopefully one that takes good video also.

I have to admit, the screen turned ut better that I could have hoped. I have Merry Christmas Charlie brown playing on it during linus and Lucy, I have Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer playing on it during Frosty the Snowman...JK.

But what does everyone say: are you doing Jack again next year???

I guess I am now!

thebaronn,

Do you have a camera rental company in your area? If so, you could rent a Canon 5d Mark II and use the video mode. It has excellent quality. It would be a lot cheaper than buying something.

I have a question about your display...when I did video, I found that most of my guests where focusing on the video screen and not the entire display and by doing so, were missing much of the detail of the display.

Do you find that your viewers are focusing most of their attention to the video screen rather than the entire display? Today, I have read a couple of posts where LOR users where lamenting over the fact that their viewers had told them their favorite part of the display was the silly little Santa in the Window video.

Charles Belcher

ATS rentals is another option. They are an online rental service. I used them to get a camera for recording my Halloween show, though there was a 12gb limit on file sizes with that camera. That wasn't the fault of the retailer. They provided excellent service. It wasn't until later that I realized one of the more recent Canon DSLR that have video recording capability to get what I needed and it's compatible with my Canon DSLR without video recording capability lenses. I could recorded my entirie show in one field of view. I know what to do next year. Their weekend plans are the best way to go. You get the camera Friday aftertoon, put it back in the mail on Monday, but only pay for Friday.

Torqumada

thebaronn,

Do you have a camera rental company in your area? If so, you could rent a Canon 5d Mark II and use the video mode. It has excellent quality. It would be a lot cheaper than buying something.

I have a question about your display...when I did video, I found that most of my guests where focusing on the video screen and not the entire display and by doing so, were missing much of the detail of the display.

Do you find that your viewers are focusing most of their attention to the video screen rather than the entire display? Today, I have read a couple of posts where LOR users where lamenting over the fact that their viewers had told them their favorite part of the display was the silly little Santa in the Window video.

Charles Belcher

That is a great Idea I will look into that.

Everyone loves the screen! I hear kids in the car: HEY! There's Rudolph!! That is awesome!

But my first love in the tree, I came up with my Mega Tree Idea because I know everyone has a mega tree and I wanted something different. It is reallty the only part of my display that looks awesome day or night!

I plan on taking pictures and posting them , I am working on a sequence that is over 1GB! But I reached some sort of max in the LOR software so I am "attempting" to get LOR to work with it.

Wish me luck!!!

ATS rentals is another option. They are an online rental service. I used them to get a camera for recording my Halloween show, though there was a 12gb limit on file sizes with that camera. That wasn't the fault of the retailer. They provided excellent service. It wasn't until later that I realized one of the more recent Canon DSLR that have video recording capability to get what I needed and it's compatible with my Canon DSLR without video recording capability lenses. I could recorded my entirie show in one field of view. I know what to do next year. Their weekend plans are the best way to go. You get the camera Friday aftertoon, put it back in the mail on Monday, but only pay for Friday.

Torqumada

I will look into them and that camera, thank you

So I tried a different method of folming and did a quick video.

For some reason youtube only gives me the option of 480 although I recorded in 1080.....

I tried a dusk and filmed 6 times before it was too dark. There was 1 car everytime, never more than 1 car, but always just one car.....

Do I leave it? Or gamble and buy a camera?

http://youtu.be/GBrZVnBHA40

I will be posting soon! I think I am buying a new camera cause I took photos today and they aren't that good. And my iphone camera doesn't do anything justice.

Sorry, I have a onw track mind. Must...get...good...video.......

Im off tuesday so I plan on purchasing and filming then.