Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR grid sequence videos

DanR

I posted some videos of our Lakeside Lightshow in Fond du Lac, WI. The last three songs (Queen of the Winter Nights, Jingle Bells and Wizards) makes good use of our 19 ribbon grid - it was a 20 ribbon until a blizzard damaged our grid and multiple CCRs right before Christmas.

SuperStar was used in all the grid sequences and worked very well! We have a piano player in the TSO songs and a galloping horse in the Jingle Bells song. Wizards has a grand finale with fireworks!

(We still need a decent video camera to capture better colors of the grid.)

Hope you enjoy! http://www.fdllights.com/videos.htm

Dan

Very nice.

Only by looking for it could I tell that the bottom ribbon has been damages and was not working

They are mounted to an aluminum structure that fell (heavy snow and high winds). This tore the wires from a lot of the ribbons or put enough pressure on the ribbons where it broked internal paths, usually in the first segment of ribbon. I found out I could cut out the first segment and then solder the wires onto the 2nd segment. This fixed quite a few of the ribbons although being a couple pixels short on the right side.

Very nice job. How many networks did you run on the matrix? What was you spacing ?

Edited by redsea300

Very nice job. How many networks did you run on the matrix? What was you spacing ?

We have 5 networks for the grid (4 ribbons per network). We tried 6 ribbons on a network last year and it seemed like there was some lag on the heavy animated sequences. The ribbon spacing is 4 inches center to center.

Nice job on your sequencing also! It looks like we have a lot of the same ideas in hot chocolate. I like the use of your masks with the text sequences - I'll have to look into that feature more as I haven't used it at all.

Carol of the Bells, the little piano guy is my favorite single effect this year! Thats awesome. Oh lord that is just great, im cracking up on the finally as well. Really made my day. Please let me use that guy next year, PLEASE.

Edited by WilliamS