Light-O-Rama Forums

Saw something that I would like to do

Gina Burns

Ok, so I went looking for some music today and on u tube there was this house the display is called Peppermint Christmas and it was under the name kramer421. What I am wanting to know is this....he has a light tree on the side of his house and I was wondering how he did it. Step by step instructions and materials used.....anyone have an idea?

Thanks for the advice but it is not a mega tree or mini trees it is like a mega tree but it is mounted on the side of the house and it only has about 17 strands of lights

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kramer421&search=Search

It looks like the decorator used strands of minilights (folded in half the length) and simply stapled them on the side of the house in a pattern similiar to a mega tree. It could be that the tree is not flat (as in vertical) but on an incline of the pitched roof above the garage. It is difficult to discern without a daylight picture of the home.

Opinions? Does anybody know whose house this is?

If you read the comments on the video, he tells how he built it.
I have a similar looking tree in my display. Although 2D
Here is a day shot and it can be seen in action here.

Attached files 139292=8318-Dsc00249.jpg

Gina, you might want to contact kramer421 and ask for the particulars as to how the tree was constructed. Just click on the user name which takes you to a page where you can send a message with your questions. You do have to be a YouTube member, but that shouldn't be an obstacle in getting your question out there.

Good luck,
Tim