Light-O-Rama Forums

Firmware Update

derekb

Am I overlooking something? I cannot find this firmware on the download page. New CTB32LG3/LOR160xWG3 firmware: Version 1.08. I think it just lists version 1.05

That is where I got that there was a new firmware available. Let me know if I am bieng dumb and just missed if it told me another place to download it. I did refresh my browser just to see if I missed something.

Guest wbottomley

Let me simplify. When you download and install the software, here's what's included.

• Comm speed changes
  • Hardware Utility support for two networks in G3 MP3 Directors
  • Hardware Utility support for 500K speed in G3 MP3 Directors
  • Increased range of allowable sequencing grid lengths in imported visualizations
  • New functions added in SuperStar dialogs
  • Warning for channels needing a higher license level
  • Verifier can be used on a single show or a single sequence
  • New CCB/CCP firmware: Version 1.15
  • New CCR firmware: Version 1.10
  • New CTB32LG3/LOR160xWG3 firmware: Version 1.08
  • New CTB16PCG3 firmware: Version 1.05
  • New G3-MP3-Director Firmware: Version 5.22
  • Bug fixes

Let me simplify. When you download and install the software, here's what's included.

• Comm speed changes
  • Hardware Utility support for two networks in G3 MP3 Directors
  • Hardware Utility support for 500K speed in G3 MP3 Directors
  • Increased range of allowable sequencing grid lengths in imported visualizations
  • New functions added in SuperStar dialogs
  • Warning for channels needing a higher license level
  • Verifier can be used on a single show or a single sequence
  • New CCB/CCP firmware: Version 1.15
  • New CCR firmware: Version 1.10
  • New CTB32LG3/LOR160xWG3 firmware: Version 1.08
  • New CTB16PCG3 firmware: Version 1.05
  • New G3-MP3-Director Firmware: Version 5.22
  • Bug fixes

Ok, I found it. I was was making things a little hard for myself. Thanks!

Edited by derekb

• 1 month later...

When I upgraded my Super Star from 8CCR to 24 CCR, I guess the update also updated my LOR. I noticed, I think it was the sequence editor has 3.90 at the top. So, I assume that everything that needed updating got updated. I guess that means I can run at 500 in lieu of 115.

When I upgraded my Super Star from 8CCR to 24 CCR, I guess the update also updated my LOR. I noticed, I think it was the sequence editor has 3.90 at the top. So, I assume that everything that needed updating got updated. I guess that means I can run at 500 in lieu of 115.

Don't forget, you'll have to do the firmware update for your controllers to get the 500K. That is, of course, if you haven't already done that. I would say you have already.

No Ron,

I haven't updated my contollers. I updated after Christmas and I had everything packed away. When it warms up, I'll get all my controllers out and do the update. As I just got my 3rd controller the other day. I just changed my sequence editor network preferance to 500.

I assume the controller upgrade is done through the hardware utility. Thanks for the heads up.

Ok.. I looked and found only the CTB16PCG3 firmware: Version 1.04 on the LOR site..  I have S3 3.9 and I can't find the 1.05 version anywhere.. What did I miss?

I have 3.90... but no where can I find the V1.05 on my system.   I can only find V1.04

Somewhere you have to be able to load the newer verson to the controllers.. but you have to find it first.. no?

Edited by plasmadrive

I have 3.90... but no where can I find the V1.05 on my system.   I can only find V1.04

Somewhere you have to be able to load the newer verson to the controllers.. but you have to find it first.. no?

Depending on your OS, of course, but look in "C:\ProgramData\Light-O-Rama\Firmware"

That directory will open when you browse for firmware when upgrading via the Hardware Utility.

I also cannot find that firmware update. I looked for that folder and cannot find it either. Windows 7, LOR 3.9 Little help please, want to make sure firmware is up to date.

I also cannot find that firmware update. I looked for that folder and cannot find it either. Windows 7, LOR 3.9 Little help please, want to make sure firmware is up to date.

Did you open the Hardware Utility first, with the controller connected, and select the Firmware tab? When you clicked "Open" was the firmware file you were looking for there?

Which controller are you trying to update? When you search for connected controllers, what version of firmware are you currently running?

Can anyone tell me if I have the lastest updated firmware. I do show I am running 3.90. I just got a couple of CB100D and don't know if I need up update my firmware. I plan to daisy chain these contollers to the AC 16 channel contoller I already have. I changed my hardware Utility to 500. I understand I have to update the firmware on my controllers to 500 also. Does this mean just my new CD100D's or does this mean my CTB16PCg3's also need updating too.

I went to my firmware and have the following listed:

CCB100D-V1_15.lhx

CCR150D_V1-03.lhx

CCR150D-V1_10.lhx

CMB16-1-20.lhx

CTB08D_4_30.lhx

CTB08S_V4-32.lhx

CTB16D_Blue_4-32.lhx

CTB16D_Green_4-32.lhx

CTB16PC_V4-32.lhx

CTB16PG3-V1-05.Lhx

CTB16PG3-V1-08.Lhx

DC_MP3_V4-10.lhx

DIO32_V1-30.lhx

IDMX1000_V1-41.lhx

mDM_MP3-V5_23.lhx

ServoDog_V1-02.lhx

Transceiver_RF-V4_v2-8.lhx

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if I have the lastest updated firmware. I do show I am running 3.90. I just got a couple of CB100D and don't know if I need up update my firmware. I plan to daisy chain these contollers to the AC 16 channel contoller I already have. I changed my hardware Utility to 500. I understand I have to update the firmware on my controllers to 500 also. Does this mean just my new CD100D's or does this mean my CTB16PCg3's also need updating too.

Thanks

3.9.0 came with the latest firmware available. (No new firmware has been released since then, as far as I know.)

You are correct that you will need to update the firmware for the CCD controllers. Looking at the posts others have made here in the thread, you would want to upgrade the firmware on your CTB16PCg3 as well. The CTB16PG3-V1-05.lhx file would be your choice for the firmware for that controller.

Thank you Mr. Don

That's what I was looking for. I'm a slide rule genus, but a computer idiot. I will dig out my other controllers and update all of them. I'm almost sure they are all gen3's as I bought the first one this past October and the other two later.

It's only suppose to be in the 30's this weekend so I may wait a while.

Thanks again.

• The topic was locked