Light-O-Rama Forums

irratic odd shimmering

lightningrod4life

I have the first controller in my series of 10 controllers that has 9 channels that when no command is going to them from the computer on a sequence they constantly shimmer. No other controllers do anything odd like this. Any idea what it could be? Have tried power cycling the controllers and it doesnt fix the issue. Redid network connections as well. Issue just suddenly showed up not sure what it is. Need some ideas please!? Thanks.

We seem to be having a rash of this kind of problems this year. Majority seem to be fixing this will replacing of a cable. One individual had this problem and seems to advise it is the cable just before the first controller that is having the problem. So based on his advice, replace the cable just before the first controller.

My take on your problem is that there is a very small noise source near this first controller. So small that by the time the noise gets the the 2nd and so on controllers that it is not strong enough to induce any more problems. So, cable or the comm cable is laying parallel to a power lead. Might first look to move the comm cable away from any other wires. Or replace it if that does not help.

First cable from pc to controller is wireless. Ill check for obstructions in the wireless path as I have not had any issues up until this point and both cables are new.