Light-O-Rama Forums

1st Years Display

AZDan

First Year and I did not give myself enough time to really get this all done the way I wanted. I find myself adjusting sequences every day even now. Is it the norm to be adjusting your sequences all the way to the day you take them down? I keep seeing ways to improve the display.

Now I have to figure out the best way to record the display. The camera I have does 1024X720 video and the quality of the video is poor at best. The wind did not help matters at all. My cell phone does 1080P so I will try to to see if it's quality is better.

So far I have 10 songs but only 2 on youtube so far.

Guest Don Gillespie

Very nice, a little tweak here and there on my display, but for the most part I try to get my sequencing out of the way, I shoot for Oct, then I start working on next years display. I love your big arches, tell us about them.

I had our local metal fabrication shop radius bend them to be 18ft high and 16ft wide. Had 12 of them made. We spent a couple of days wrapping them with 9 segments of 100 lights each. Next year we plan on adding a few more. I rented a articulated man lift to raise our 32 ft mega tree so I used it to lift the arches up this year. Turned out alot simpler than manhandling them up like previous years.

Edited by AZDan

1st year for me as well. I've only tweaked my finale sequence a couple of time since it really showcases the differentiation between what pixels are capable of vs.standard strings of light.

• The topic was locked