Light-O-Rama Forums

software or hadware issues.

friskybri

Shows been running really well for weeks. Then tonight I was watching the show after hours few of the channels on different controllers started to stick on. For one song I use only white and two of the red channels come on for a few seconds. I look at the software and its fine. I stop the show and run sequence editor and run it in there. one time its fine. second time I run it few of the red channels come on. I stop it and start again and it works fine. Stop it then start again and same issue. I have no Idea if its software or hardware.

So i run the sequence once and i get mini tree 7 controller 5.8 to stick on uncommanded and also controller 4.8 sometimes. I restart the song and it works fine. Next time it sticks. I just don't get it. Hasn't done this before until tonight. I will try to reboot all the controllers.

Most times when people report this type of behavior it turns out to be a bad comm cable. Check the one that feeds the first controller where channels screw up. Then work your way backward to the computer.

You didn't mention if you had rebooted the PC. If not, do so.

Just to brainstorm real quick, you might start with a fresh reboot of the show computer (assumption of comp being used) and see if that cures it. Controller reset... If no joy, any damage or location changes to comm cables in relation to power cables? Weather related, maybe moisture around a connection or in a cable?

EDIT: George was faster on the keys!

Edited by De Trommelslager

Thanks, It was the first comm cable. I was messing with the usb for aux 6 and it started working again. Wasn't in the mood to work on it last night. Few of us were having to much to drink last night. Didn't want to be out there half crocked working on controllers. lol.