Light-O-Rama Forums

Parker's Christmas Light Show

Ricky Parker

Looks good. What is your mega tree configuration? Looking to add something similar this coming year. Right now my idea is either 32 strings by 32 pixels or 32 strings by 40 pixels.

I am using 18 strands of 50 RGB Lights, soldered together at the top essentially making them 9 100 light strands (50 up and 50 down). It makes the Tree have 900 lights with 2700 channels.

Edited by Ricky Parker

You did a nice job on the mega tree I really liked it...........Btw what program was used for programing it ? Wha ttype of RGB lights did you use?

I like the Techno Carol of the Bells as well. I'm also wondering what type of RGB lights you are using? I'm converting a lot of my items to RGB next year and have been looking at different options.

You did a nice job on the mega tree I really liked it...........Btw what program was used for programing it ? What type of RGB lights did you use?

I like the Techno Carol of the Bells as well. I'm also wondering what type of RGB lights you are using? I'm converting a lot of my items to RGB next year and have been looking at different options.

I used Nutcracker which is converted to use with LOR S3 and my RGB Pixels are 2811's from Ray Wu. I have used LOR for years and currently use 12 LOR controllers but their RGB products were just a little to expensive for me, that's why I had to go with another option.

Loved the mega-tree! Looking to move to RGB also. How hard was it to program the mega-tree? What program did you use? Also, are the house lights rgb also? If not how did you do that? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the mega-tree! Looking to move to RGB also. How hard was it to program the mega-tree? What program did you use? Also, are the house lights rgb also? If not how did you do that? Thanks!

Using Nutcracker with LOR it was fairly simple. The lights on the house are all individual strands, every bush, tree, icicle has individual strands which are white, blue, red, and green so each color can be turned on and off individually.

The tree is awsome. What does it cost to build a tree like that? I want one in my yard..

Best one I've seen yet.

The tree is awsome. What does it cost to build a tree like that? I want one in my yard..

Best one I've seen yet.

RGB Lights (900 RGB Lights) = $420.00

Meanwell Powersupply (2) 350 Watt (1 was just a back-up) = $110.00

Controller = $180.00

LOR Update = $30.00

Tree components (Poles, coupler, concrete, topper, guide wire = $100.00-120.00

I am guessing around $840.00 - 860.00

I don't like adding all this stuff up, it makes me realize exactly how much we spend on this crazy hobby. I guess that's why we hate to take it down at the end of the season, we want the season to last longer to get more usage out of everything.

• Like 1