Light-O-Rama Forums

spirals under or over mega tree lights?

dito

my first year doing an RGB mega tree. i wanted to put up the show quick so i put the RGB first. Today, (several weeks after putting up RGB strips) I put up the spiral lights OVER hte RGB strips. It looks messy. I think next year I need to do RGB strips OVER the spirals. Am even contemplating taking them off for the rest of this year. They (spirals) look good alone, but they create some dead spots on the RGB strips... 8( Do you have your spirals OVER or UNDER your RGB Mega tree strips?

How do you like your toilet paper? That would be your answer.

Dry - at least to begin with...

my first year doing an RGB mega tree. i wanted to put up the show quick so i put the RGB first. Today, (several weeks after putting up RGB strips) I put up the spiral lights OVER hte RGB strips. It looks messy. I think next year I need to do RGB strips OVER the spirals. Am even contemplating taking them off for the rest of this year. They (spirals) look good alone, but they create some dead spots on the RGB strips... 8( Do you have your spirals OVER or UNDER your RGB Mega tree strips?

Have you considered doing two trees? I guess I'd have to see it, but it sounds like your combination tree components are incompatible.

Edited by George Simmons

i'll try and get some video this week. i wish i had gotten some video before the spirals. i guess i can always do some after i remove them and compare the two for next season (4th July). George, I was thinking the same thing, two trees, I think will be the best option.

Do a pixel tree and this kills 2 birds with one expensive rock! Then you can have a normal mega tree, a weber (spiral) tree, something to display text across, pictures, and with Sean (Nutcracker) and Bobo with Marquee tools you imagination is the only thing that limits what the tree can do.

*Edit Just noticed your in Vacaville! My sister lives there, I will be up that way in March for her wedding! Unless secretly you are my sister, then I will see you in a few months.

Edited by GoofyGuy

Do one of each, same number of channels and lights just two different trees, like George said. I did 2 trees this year, a mega and a spiral and see no reason to combine them.

• Like 1

12 x $249 = NO THANK YOU!

Hell... I can't even justify 12 x $12 normal LEDs!!! ;) I'm still using old antiquated incandescents that I pay $0.50 to maybe $2.00 per strand for. :D