Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB videos

Denise Brunner

Does anyone have any videos of their Cosmic Color Bulbs in action? Looking to buy a couple of sets for next year and would love to see how they look.

You can see some on either side of my matrix in this year's videos. I'll be shooting more vids and will try to get a better closer view of the CCB trees.

YMMV, but I love them. I especially like the fact that they aren't as blindingly bright as CCRs and CCPs.

Here is a sample of one song showing some effects.

I have 2 CCB controllers for a total of 200 CCBs arranged as 8 columns of 25 CCBs.

I am planning on buying more in 2013. I do like them. LOR's support is incredible,amazing!

Edited by wbaker4

This year I purchased 4 sets of the CCB’s and 3 set’s of the CCF’s.

The CCB’s are great. I am about 150’ from the road and the colors

they produce are awesome. Being so far back, I wish the CCB’s would

be a little brighter. The CCF’s create nice true colors. Very happy with

them.

Best way to program them is with Brian’s SuperStar program.

Here is a link to some video my 16 year old nephew did. The 10’ fan

is to the left. He wasn’t able to get the whole yard in.

Merry Christmas to All.

I bought 2 CCP's this summer. I put one in a 3' wreath and the other I used to build a piano. I'll try to post some closeup video of the piano keys. I made a frame of 1/4" round bar, put 2 strings of white rope lights around it for the outline, then mounted the CCP's on pieces of wood for the keys. I got some clear acrylic tube from McMaster-Carr that the pixels would fit snug into, cut it into short pieces, then stuck a pixel in each one, top and bottom, then hot-glued them to the wood rails. I also glued some aluminum foil to the back side of each tube to reflect the light outward. The video doesn't do it justice as far as the color rendering.

Great work.... George thanks for getting that dug out...... they look great, Jeff that tree is amazing, are they CCR s ????? Totally awesome

I bought 2 CCP's this summer. I put one in a 3' wreath and the other I used to build a piano. I'll try to post some closeup video of the piano keys. I made a frame of 1/4" round bar, put 2 strings of white rope lights around it for the outline, then mounted the CCP's on pieces of wood for the keys. I got some clear acrylic tube from McMaster-Carr that the pixels would fit snug into, cut it into short pieces, then stuck a pixel in each one, top and bottom, then hot-glued them to the wood rails. I also glued some aluminum foil to the back side of each tube to reflect the light outward. The video doesn't do it justice as far as the color rendering.

I'd love to see the piano. I had a thought about that as well. I was also thinking of a big bass guitar - maye have a couple of strands with a little bit of space between them. Switch between the strands quickly and hope that it looks like a string vibrating....just a thought...has anyone ever done that?

This year I purchased 4 sets of the CCB’s and 3 set’s of the CCF’s.

The CCB’s are great. I am about 150’ from the road and the colors

they produce are awesome. Being so far back, I wish the CCB’s would

be a little brighter. The CCF’s create nice true colors. Very happy with

them.

Best way to program them is with Brian’s SuperStar program.

Here is a link to some video my 16 year old nephew did. The 10’ fan

is to the left. He wasn’t able to get the whole yard in.

Merry Christmas to All.

Show looks fantastic, great job. Can you please tell me the song and artist at the 2 minute mark? I love it.

Does anyone have any videos of their Cosmic Color Bulbs in action? Looking to buy a couple of sets for next year and would love to see how they look.

Denise, here is a video using the CC pixels diffused. (see below for link) Probably not the effect you're looking for but at least you can take a look at them also. when I diffused them they were quite a bit brighter. I have a different idea for mounting next year.

I'd love to see the piano. I had a thought about that as well. I was also thinking of a big bass guitar - maye have a couple of strands with a little bit of space between them. Switch between the strands quickly and hope that it looks like a string vibrating....just a thought...has anyone ever done that?

I have a flying V guitar in some of my sequences using CCPs on a Superstar tree. I diffused the CCP's with 1" split wire loom. I used the shimmer tool to make the strings look like they were vibrating

https://vimeo.com/54419958

Guitar starts at about :51 and is shown several times after that if you care to take a look

(Timing is a little off in the video but that was my video/sound editing)

Edited by Ron Boyd

Show looks fantastic, great job. Can you please tell me the song and artist at the 2 minute mark? I love it.

That is from Brian done with his SuperStar Software.Rock Ye Merry Gentlemen by James Guymon

That is from Brian done with his SuperStar Software.Rock Ye Merry Gentlemen by James Guymon

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Great work.... George thanks for getting that dug out...... they look great, Jeff that tree is amazing, are they CCR s ????? Totally awesome

Those are CCR's twelve of them. The house is done with the CCB's and CCF's. The rings are done with CCR's. The blue is nice and blue!

All done with the SuperStar software. I've had SuperStar for years. Easiest way to get cool effects!!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I have a flying V guitar in some of my sequences using CCPs on a Superstar tree. I diffused the CCP's with 1" split wire loom. I used the shimmer tool to make the strings look like they were vibrating

https://vimeo.com/54419958

Guitar starts at about :51 and is shown several times after that if you care to take a look

(Timing is a little off in the video but that was my video/sound editing)

Looks great, thanks for sharing! The shimmer gives the effect i was thinking of. I was also thinking i could vary the brightness so that when the "string" is being "played" it would vibrate and be brighter than all the rest. Same idea (although maybe not vibrating) for the piano. Brand new here and I don't even have any equipment (yet) but i have lots of ideas!

Tony

I finally found the demo video I shot in Sept. Here it is:

https://vimeo.com/56068130

Thanks for sharing George...........but I have to ask what the heck is on the left in the video (can be seen when most pixels are lit)? I'm thinking you've been so busy with lights, you left last years tree out and all the needles fell off !! LOL cause my smiley is not working.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Those things - you're actually seeing two devices - are prototypes that I was working on. They fell victim to not getting my light order in time to finish them up for 2012, so they're STILL sitting in almost the same place - something Sharon forgets once or twice a week that she's already mentioned. But since I've moved in another direction for next year, they probably will wind up back in the shed for another year or two.

• The topic was locked