Light-O-Rama Forums

3.9.0 Slow -Freezes - Saving files extremely S L O W. . .

pjkoths

Using LOR 3.9.0 - have Win 7 I5 core - 8 gig mem - 500 gig HD.

I have high channel count 8240 RGB channels, One sequence 2:21 is currently a 410 MB file. I am about 2/3's complete sequencing this song, The program freezes randomly - Windows displays "Program not responding searching for a cure(?)" and then shuts down. When saving this file it can take up to 10 minutes.

Any suggestions or is this just inherent of the software? With channel counts going higher and higher each year one would think that LOR would keep up with the way sequencing is moving.

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

That's a ton of channels. LOR just isn't very efficient at handling that kind of channel count (or maybe it IS efficient, and the channel count just is very hard to manage). With half that many channels, I've even seen "This program is not responding" messages from Windows. At the very least, LOR should be doing this stuff on a background thread so that kind of thing won't happen, but for now, you just have to wait it out.

You seriously need to look at using Madrix to control the RGB channels and using LOR to control Madrix.

With that many channels and LED pixels, it may be the only viable option.

You seriously need to look at using Madrix to control the RGB channels and using LOR to control Madrix.

With that many channels and LED pixels, it may be the only viable option.

Madrix though can handle it is waaaaaay to expensive

I have been using LOR for years and thought that LOR would keep up with the competition - but I guess not!

I guess I will change over to Light Show Pro though I will have to learn the programing that software has kept up with the large channel counts that most of us are going to.

Thanks for the input.

Guest wbottomley

Madrix though can handle it is waaaaaay to expensive

I have been using LOR for years and thought that LOR would keep up with the competition - but I guess not!

I guess I will change over to Light Show Pro though I will have to learn the programing that software has kept up with the large channel counts that most of us are going to.

Thanks for the input.

Good luck with that. I've pretty much ruled them out.

Next year, I'll have 44 universes to control. We'll see who can win.

Good luck with that. I've pretty much ruled them out.

Next year, I'll have 44 universes to control. We'll see who can win.

We all have our preferences and I cannot justify the cost to purchase Madrix when there are other options (not trying to debate the pros and cons here). I have used LSP running large channel counts of sequences (that I did not create) and it has performed flawlessly. I have been using LOR S3 3.8.0 to sequence and use X-lights to convert LOR to X-lights protocol and run my show. I renewed my license and down just loaded 3.9.0 and that's when the freezing started also there is a notable decrease in performance with 3.9.0, maybe a bug???

Switching over from LOR and learning new will be my challenge - which is why I began this topic to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem as I would rather continue using LOR. It has the features I need and I was hoping that I could continue using LOR. I have some time to learn new if required for next years show.

I have 26 universes this year and next year I will have more universes, RGB pixel lights take you to a whole new level.

I do wish you all the best with your contest - I hope you win.