Light-O-Rama Forums

Two Channels linked togethet

vvolf27

On controller 4 out of 6 I have channel 5 and 13 coming one at the and time. I want into hardware configuration and tested the controller if I turn on a 5 or 13 both channels come on. Any suggestion on what I can do? I have not tried doing anything else.

The first thing I would try is a reset of the controller. The procedure varies by controller. You will need to find the instructions that came with the controller to find out how to do it.

Jerry

did you build this controller (was it a kit of parts you soldered to the board). Or was it a kit where you put the board in a box and install the dongles?

Edited by Max-Paul

Nope it wasn't a kit. I used it last year and this year since November 25 without issue.

I will look up on how to reset it.

If you look at your controller as two banks of eight, the two positions that are failing are both the fifth position in their bank of 8. I'm not sure what that means, but it is an observation.

Since it sounds like it was working correctly last year and for some time this year, that seems like an odd problem. I agree with the others that you should try a reset.

Mikey

I believe the reset worked. I did a reset went back into hardware utility and tested each channel and no more crossover thank you

OMR,

Very good observation. There are 5 IC chips. 1 is the comm chip, 1 is the PIC, 1 is the demultiplexer, and 2 of them are latches. It sounded like the output of the demultiplexer was locked up for the bit that says that the 5th channel should be on. This was being loaded into both latches. This could be going all of the way back to the PIC.

Glad to hear that the reset did the job. Ya without knowing the history of the controller I was going for a short on the board.

There are 5 IC chips. 1 is the comm chip, 1 is the PIC, 1 is the demultiplexer, and 2 of them are latches.

Max-Paul

I have a thread going in this same forum with a title of "Phantom channels". What order would you replace these chips based on my problem description?

Thanks

Mikey