Light-O-Rama Forums

3.7 to 3.9 and back to 3.8

Alan Hanson

Today i decided to update lor. As the latest version was 3.9 it seemed logical to grab and install 3.9. Big mistake. AFTER doing the install and it not successfully registering I checked my license details and it didn't give me up to 3.9 which seemed logical but it was 3.8. As I had major drama last year when upgrading to S3 and almost couldn't switch on for Dec 1 (thanks to the lor staff for getting me going) I am not going to upgrade further so that i can use 3.9. I have since tried uninstalling 3.9 and tried 3.7 and 3.8 but neither 1 of them will complete the registration process. Can anyone tell me what I need to be doing to get 3.8.2 to install and register successfully after my failed attempt at 3.9. if anyone can tell me why my maximum level would be 3.8 rather than 3.9 it would be appreciated too.

thanks in advance

Alan

To answer your last question first. When you register (or renew, upgrade to a higher class license, or add Superstar) you get any updates for 1 year from that date. Based on your statement that you did your last renewal on 1 December 2011, you just missed out on 3.9 which was released on 11 December 2012. Maybe you did not notice the notice (in BOLD) on the software download page to check your license to see what it covers.

As for getting the registration to work, I would call LOR tech support and they should be able to get you fixed up just fine.

I was on a mission to get things updated and as I was using 3.7 it only seemed logical that my S3 upgrade would do 3.0 through to 3.9. As I'm in Australia and an hour away from switch on tonight calling customer support isn't really an option. I've had a play with xlights and I can now use that to hash together a show using some of my sequences.

In the end with minutes till showtime I couldn't get xlights to work driving the correct channels as I am running both an open dmx and a lor network so after screaming my lungs out in frustration i ended up upgrading this pc to 3.8.2 as I am certain it wouldn't open my 3.7 sequences as it had 3.5 on it. moved this pc into rumpus room so it would reach the cables for networks and transmitter etc, installed a usb-serial driver for the serial lor adaptor. I copied sequences to this machine, edited sequences to match location, edited show, edited schedule, played 1 sequence twice for 1st car that turned up and then got show running properly at 8:25pm.

I will try that wipe program thanks Don. As I ended up having to pull this machine out of service I couldn't access the web for 3 1/2 hrs but in the end I did make hundred of blinky fans happy which is what it is all about.