Light-O-Rama Forums

2013 Florida Mini Announcement

Michael B

Believe it or not we are planning the 2013 Florida Mini already. Calvin Slater is hosting this event in Celebration, near Disney and Orlando. Saturday, March 23rd is the date. Mark your calendars!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael B

• LOR Staff

• Orville

• Dave H1

When I get a 2013 calendar I'll do that. :) Celebration as far as I can recall is somewhere near Kissimmee, so that shouldn't be too bad a distance, even though I'm on the opposite side of Orlando from Kissimmee.

I'm not saying that any particular LOR person is going to be there.... The last time someone said he was going to go to one of these things, he ended up in his DR office with a 103 degree fever feeling like... well... death.

... and lets not talk about all the travel arrangements he made, and the deposits he lost on the room and a car..... <_<

No guarantees on anything. Things do happen that prevent folks from getting to an event. I know I've missed quite a few things I had planned on going to, but couldn't because of health or other issues.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have anything you would like to learn at the Mini let me know.

Also, if you have something you would like to share or present let me know.

If you are interested in attending post it here or private message me.

When I get a 2013 calendar I'll do that. :) Celebration as far as I can recall is somewhere near Kissimmee, so that shouldn't be too bad a distance, even though I'm on the opposite side of Orlando from Kissimmee.

It will be great to meet you.

In my calandar. I'll make the jaunt from South Georgia, See Y'ALL thea.

Jerry

Jerry, it will be good to see you again.

• 2 weeks later...

The Florida Mini will be held on Saturday, March 23rd in Celebration Florida from 10-3ish.The Address will be coming as so as we confirm the club house. We will provide a list of local hotels as soon as the list is complete. If you are interested in meeting at a restaurant .Friday night post it here.

Calvin Slater is the host. He will will share how he animates 9 houses, uses a projector and show some of his coro elements

We are looking at having a LOR sharing session.

RGB

DMX

If you would like to sell anything post it here. You can pre-sell it and bring it when you arrive.

If you would like to share your talents let me know. We can use a few presenters. I need someone to share RGB options and aplications and the same for DMX.

If you have any thing you would like to learn more about post it here.

Door Prizes are needed.

This is open to all out of state, local, newbie, and long time decorators. This will be a great time to meet fellow decorators and share ideas.

There will be a cost to attend to help pay for lunch and expenses. This will be announced once we have it figured out.

Calvin and I hope to see many of you there!

I'm sorry to say that I have a previous engagement that day, and will be unable to attend :(

I'm sorry too, but thank you for letting me know.

Can another date be set so these two might attend Maybe a week earlier or later. I would like to attend this year and learn about pixels and William has posted about them. Will there be others there that are knowledgeable in pixels and have equipment there to demonatrate?

Can another date be set so these two might attend Maybe a week earlier or later. I would like to attend this year and learn about pixels and William has posted about them. Will there be others there that are knowledgeable in pixels and have equipment there to demonatrate?

John, the date is set. I have found that trying to move dates so some can make it often causes others to miss. JerryMac is going to discuss RGB. He was at the last Mini in Jacksonville. He is very knowledgeable. We'll see what we can do about having some there so you can see it. We did last year. I'm working on getting some other people to share, too. Let me know if you can make it. I hope to see you there.

Yes, please DON'T move a date just for me. Changing dates like that gets into a vicious circle of 'well, now so-in-so can't make it'. The next thing you know the planners are frazzled and no one is happy. The date is the date, and I'm sorry I won't be there.

Yes, please DON'T move a date just for me. Changing dates like that gets into a vicious circle of 'well, now so-in-so can't make it'. The next thing you know the planners are frazzled and no one is happy. The date is the date, and I'm sorry I won't be there.

Thanks Mike!

Update: The Florida Mini is 10 am- 3 pm on March 23rd. The Cost is $16 per person, payable at the door. This will cover the conference room, projector, Wifi, and lunch.

Lunch: This will be served buffet style Build your own deli sandwich with selection of Boars head meats

Assorted Cheeses and condiments

Chef Choice soup of the day

Cole slaw

Fresh Baked Cookies

Iced Tea, Water, and soda

Here is the address to the Florida Mini.

Celebration Golf Club House inside the Windmill Tavern Restaurant.

Address: 701 Golfpark Drive, Celebration, FL 34747

Phone:(407) 566-4653

If you have anything you would like to learn or see at the Mini let me know.

If you have anything you would like to share with the group let me know, also.

We have three vendors sending door prizes so far:

Holiday Coro

Judy Pancoast

3G Lighting Creations

Post here or message me if you plan on attending. I will need your full name.

I can't wait to see everyone!

Unfortunately I can't make this one either. I also have a previous event on this date that I am helping with.

Hope everyone has a great time.

Unfortunately I can't make this one either. I also have a previous event on this date that I am helping with.

Hope everyone has a great time.

Thanks for letting me know Orville. I really appreciate it.

We have 17 people attending the Florida Mini and 9 others are maybes. Let me know if you can make it.

We have another vendor sending door prizes:

www.winkelbottoms.com