Light-O-Rama Forums

Ok, search all over this forum. Does the Flip String 1 / Ribbon work in HW

David Barnett

OK, I have 3 CCR's forming 6 arches. 1 of my CCR setups needs to be reversed. IE 50-1 from controller instead of 1-50.

I noticed on the HWU there is a flip thingy, grayed out. Is this still not functioning? If so, how do I get my ribbon to flip. I hilighted the ribbon contoller, but the flip string1/ribbon is still grayed out.

Am I going to have to go back in, and edit all my sequences? That will suck! I have read the older threads on this issue, jsut not sure of the most efficient way to accomplish this problem.

Thanks,

David

OK, I found this from Jeff Millard, after he queried LORJohn.

"The CCB firmware is a complete re-write of the CCR firmware. I'm going to replace the CCR firmware with the CCB firmware to make their behavior consistent and make maintenance easier. Flip is part of the new firmware that currently only exists for the CCB. The merger won't happen until 2nd qtr 2012.

John"

So, did the merger happen. Am I missing the firmware update?

Edited by David Barnett

You now what. 26 views and no answers. IN light of what happened Friday, I have no right to be upset about anything right now.

I just won't try and fix this issue this year. Part of it looks stupid, but I'm probably the only one to notice anyway. If someone knows. do I use the CCB firmware on the CCR to get the fix.

Heart and Prayers go out to those affected by this tragedy.

Best,

David

Edited by David Barnett

You may have to edit your sequences, but it would be a quick one.

Right click a channel -> Add Device Below -> Choose CCD Device, and select the Flip option there.

Copy your events from the arch that is backwards into the new CCR. Yes, you'd end up doing this for each sequence, but in the grand scheme of things, it won't take that long.

Hi Don, Thanks for the info. Yes, that would work. However, perhaps LORJohn etal, will be able to get the firmware merge done so we can flip CCR's as well; ref above quote. Maybe 2Q 2013

Get to feeling better Don. Thank You again, for all your patience and help as I try to get my show running Ok. Very difficult this time of year to get

too much help, as other's are busy themselves. Thanks again.

Best,

David

• 5 years later...

Has there ever been a solution to this problem found yet.  I realize that newer CCR II have been made, but I am still using the original CCR.  I have updated to the newest firmware CCR 1.19.  That does not allow the Flip String to be ungrayed out.  Tried the CCB firmwares, but the controller wont allow it, as its the wrong type of controller.

I know I can just edit each sequence and correct it the problem that way.  But that is not the solution i am looking for.  

Will there ever be support for the controller that will allow the flip string checkbox to be allowed???

Thanks

• The topic was locked