Light-O-Rama Forums

Major problem - Losing audio as the night progresses

Tim Fischer

I will be hunting down a wired mouse and switching over once the show is done tonight.

Do you have pets that might be jumping up where the mouse is and moving it by accident?

Do you have pets that might be jumping up where the mouse is and moving it by accident?

Very good question, but no, I don't think so. We have a big Golden Retriever but he usually stays out of my office (usually the door is shut) and has no good reason to nuzzle up to my mouse, much less scroll the wheel... Now if I had a cat...

If this is the case, its just another reason why I put a copyright on my signature a couple years ago.

Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!

Tim, did unplugging your mouse help?

Everything worked normally tonight. I used a different, wired mouse. Like I said earlier in this thread... "lets hope this starts a trend"!

I think you may win the 2012 weirdest S3 issue award, Tim :)

Lucky me! As soon as it started happening, I was thinking "oh crap this is not going to be a fun one to solve".

Any chnace your FM transmitter is very close to the PC?

Not particuarly... It's on the same desk, but was actually closer to my show PC last year as I've had to run from my main machine this year due to horsepower. But the old machine didn't use a wireless mouse...

I have a dedicated PC for the shows, wireless mouse and keyboard, one monitor. Havent seen this issue. A really weird one from the frozen north!

I only asked because I have a second 500mw cheap transmitter braodcasting Christmas music and it plays wierd problems with the PC speakers that are 6' away. My show transmitter is hooked to an external antenna but does not have that problem but then it's a higher end Ramsey FM100b.

It would be interesting to find out what freq my mouse uses. It's not Bluetooth, but something proprietary...

In a case of super-coincidence, or possibly digital infection. I now have a mouse that is randomly scrolling my browser window. The difference is that I know what is causing it: I just finished installing a new dual monitor KVM, with USB input/outputs for mouse and keyboard.

Apparently this thing is doing some kind of weird keyboard/mouse emulation to keep the USB connection alive to each computer. That emulation must have a bug in it, because every once in a while my screen will bounce up or down 3 lines - the same as when using the wheel. I wonder if it could be possible that your wireless mouse receiver is doing something 'different' with the USB port that Win 7 is seeing as a scroll wheel event.

(In case you are wondering,it's an IO Gear 4 Port Dual View KVM, and it's being returned as soon as I press the POST button on this).