Light-O-Rama Forums

To whom it may concern...

MattRMayberry

To whom it may concern,

My wife called me at work last night to tell me the lights outside are swelling on/off and blinking erratically. I had her unplug the controller for precaution.

When I go home form work, to my horror, I had left the controller box open and it had been raining most of the day and the controller, powered. It had been raining right into the controller all day. Fatal error. i was so incredible upset with my that I had made that mistake and now my controller is toast. I havent had that feeling of disgust with my self, well ever.

I unplugged all 16 channels and brought it to my living room and just stared and stared with the worst stomach pain.

In a act of desperation, I took a paper towel to the puddles on the card itself and took a blow dryer to the rest. to my amazement an utter releif, I tested every channel- on/off,fade,twinkle, shimmer, any every channel is fine (know on wood as I havent plugged it back into the show yet).

The purpose of this post into say a huge thank to Lightorama for building a product that can take the beating of an idiot like me.

Thank you,

-Matt

• Like 2

If getting a controller wet is the definition of idiot, a good percentage of the people here qualify.

Since that would include me, we can't have that now, can we?? :D :D

So take heart and keep trying - it will require stupider stuff than that before you're branded an idiot.

• Like 1

Zip ties or padlocks on every controller.

I agree completely with insuring that the controller's doors stay closed. Keeps weather and unauthorized fingers out. But the last thing I want to do is buy 52 padlocks and then have to keep track of 52 keys when I can do the same thing with 52 zip ties at a penny each.

I agree completely with insuring that the controller's doors stay closed. Keeps weather and unauthorized fingers out. But the last thing I want to do is buy 52 padlocks and then have to keep track of 52 keys when I can do the same thing with 52 zip ties at a penny each.

That's why you buy locks with the same key.

With my ADD? Surely you jest... I'd be using a bolt-cutter within a week. :D

Unless I got one key with each lock so I could leave them laying around everywhere and still always find one when I need it.

Edited by George Simmons

I bought some padlocks that have a combination that you can set. Just set them all the same and you only have to remember one combination and you don't have to worry about keys.

Jerry

Guest Don Gillespie

Ahhhh now we are talking memory something I don't have, I just leave the controllers wide open if these things are tough they have to stand up to the Canadian winters, so far they are working great

Ahhhh now we are talking memory something I don't have, I just leave the controllers wide open if these things are tough they have to stand up to the Canadian winters, so far they are working great

I consider it a safety issue. Don't want someone getting shocked poking around inside a controller.

Jerry

And I look at it as a bully issue - if someone gets shocked poking around somewhere they shouldn't be, maybe that will teach them a lesson...

And I look at it as a bully issue - if someone gets shocked poking around somewhere they shouldn't be, maybe that will teach them a lesson...

Yes, I agree with you to a point, however, I don't want the lawsuit.

Jerry

Aaahhh yes! Submergable PC boards....

Brings back fond memories of my Ramsey and the faitfull night it went skinny dipping. Came home from work to find it still broadcasting (albiet a little more muddled sounding than it should). Dried it off and kept it under a blowdrier for about an hour and it powered right up. Of course i had to latter do some repairs to some criticle components on the board that rusted....