Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Papa-LF

Save w/custom Clipboard causes Crash

Narrowed down a "System has stopped responding and must close" error. (Not exactly the error message - but close).

While saving a sequence - if I have a custom clipboard selected which is a export from Nutcracker the system stops responding and forces S3 to close giving me the option to check on-line for a solution or just close, but no option to recover in any form.

I have a number of exports from Nutcracker for my 800 pixel mega tree, and none seem more prone than any other.

This crashing challenge has been plaguing me all season - and it just now dawned on me what was in common. (Sorry I don't have a screen capture).

Other than the obvious (choose regular clipboard B4 saving) any thoughts for a software fix?

***The good news is I am a faithful sequential file saver since early sequencing days ( filename_year_XXX. .... replacing the XXX with the next number in sequence) to go back to a sequence that looked better than what I just dreamed up. BTW would be a great feature in an upcoming version. ***

The matrix clipboards can be very large and consume a lot of memory. I suggest you right click and remove clipboard when you are done with them. My 8gig pc cant handle very many and SE locks up when I dont get rid of them.

Narrowed down a "System has stopped responding and must close" error. (Not exactly the error message - but close).

While saving a sequence - if I have a custom clipboard selected which is a export from Nutcracker the system stops responding and forces S3 to close giving me the option to check on-line for a solution or just close, but no option to recover in any form.

I have a number of exports from Nutcracker for my 800 pixel mega tree, and none seem more prone than any other.

This crashing challenge has been plaguing me all season - and it just now dawned on me what was in common. (Sorry I don't have a screen capture).

Other than the obvious (choose regular clipboard B4 saving) any thoughts for a software fix?

***The good news is I am a faithful sequential file saver since early sequencing days ( filename_year_XXX. .... replacing the XXX with the next number in sequence) to go back to a sequence that looked better than what I just dreamed up. BTW would be a great feature in an upcoming version. ***

+1

This happened to my so much this year it was crazy frustrating. Luckily I'm one of those people who save after any changes as well and number my saves. I couldnt even sequence on my i5 laptop this year with 4gb of ram and a SSD, it would crash after any big changes or copy/paste of hundreds of channels or crash trying to convert 100+ channels to rgb channels at once etc. I just chalked it up to having so many channels but a fix would be great.

I had to go from 8G of memory to 16G to do alot of copy and past in mine. I am on a I5 even takes along time to save

I had to go from 8G of memory to 16G to do alot of copy and past in mine. I am on a I5 even takes along time to save

macchn - I have been contemplating that move - (going to 16 gig of RAM on my I5) - Did it make a difference? I did bump my paging file up to double my 8 gig, and actually haven't seen a lock up since.

BobO - I appreciate that feedback.

I have been removing my large clipboards before I save, and i upgraded to 3.9.

The really good news - the show is running - folks are enjoying - and the little ones are marvled at the singing snowman.