Light-O-Rama Forums

Vertical writing

k6ccc

I finished the vertical font. Do a right click on the link below and select "save target as"

Then save it to:

c:\ <your lightorama folder> \ SuperStar \ Fonts

http://superstar.syn...hin.custom.font

Next time you launch SuperStar you should see the vertical font at the bottom of your list of fonts.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• BrianBruderer

• k6ccc

• wbaker4

thanks Brian..will check it out momentarily!!!

hmmmm...now SuperStar won't open for me...sheesh!!

Edited by jimswinder

I checked my font file... _VERT... and it looks like the Uppercase letters are fine.

I know the name of the file is deceiving... my matrix is vertical - 8 columns wide by 25 high, so when the characters are rotated 90 degrees, they are correct and left justified with the right most column empty. There is a 2 row space between the characters vertically,

I made this file because the one Frank made did not work with my display.

When SuperStar launches it loads all the font files. So if SuperStar is not launching for you, try renaming or deleting the new font file and see if that fixes the launch problem.

-Brian Bruderer

yep..deleted it and it now launches...

renaming it also allows Superstar to Launch...but I don't see it in the Font List...

Edited by jimswinder

I just deleted mine, did a right click on the link in my post, chose "save target as" and SuperStar launched fine. But sounds like yours got corrupted. When you right click on the link in my post, does a menu pop up that gives you the option to "save target as" ?

I'm using Firefox so I get "Save Link As"...

did you see my edited message:

renaming it also allows Superstar to Launch...but I don't see it in the Font List...

Saving a link is different than saving a file. Sorry I'm not sure how to do it from Firefox. You could try single click, or double click.

if I try to rename it using the same numbering format (10-12x12) that is when it stops Superstar from Opening...

Saving a link is different than saving a file. Sorry I'm not sure how to do it from Firefox. You could try single click, or double click.

I'll open Internet Explorer and try it...

if I try to rename it using the same numbering format (10-12x12) that is when it stops Superstar from Opening...

I'll open Internet Explorer and try it...

Downloaded via IE and "Save Target As"...still stops Superstar from opening...

Renamed it and Superstar opens..but still not showing up in Font List...

Try this, after downloading the file you will need to remove the .txt from the file name so that it reads

10-12x12_Vertical_Thin.custom.font

10-12x12_Vertical_Thin.custom.font.txt

it downloads as a .font file...no .txt in the file name...

hmmmm..if I have Superstar open while I download the file (and don't change the name) and then open up the Text tool...the font is there and useable..but if I shut down Superstar and try to re-open it, Superstar does not open...

Edited by jimswinder

Try this, after downloading the file you will need to remove the .txt from the file name so that it reads

10-12x12_Vertical_Thin.custom.font.txt

Sorry... I mistook what you meant and did not see you added this new file (with the .txt) to download...

but same result..downloaded, changed name, Superstar still won't open...

I think what is happening is that you have Frank Farmer's file there and it is working for you. His file name is:

10-12x12_Vertical_Thin.custom.txt and then you renamed it to:

The name of the file I did is:

The program will only load the file if it has the numbers at the beginning and if it has ".font" at the end of the file name.

The program loads all of the font files at launch time.

If you launch superstar and then download the font you will not see any additional fonts in the list until you shut down superstar and launch it again.

Anyway, it is not the name of the file that is making it crash, it is because you copied a link instead of a file and a link is very different and the program crashed when it tried to parse the link.

okay...I got rid of all the files I download today and download the one above...did NOTHING different (even used Firefox and the "Save Link As") and when I went to save it all I did was remove the .txt part of the file name and Superstar opens and the Font file is there...

me and computers don't get along!!! LOL

Edited by jimswinder

So are you saying it is working fine? If so, good.

By the way, the font I did has ALL of the characters redefined to be vertical, including the lower case and the special characters. I will have it in the next release, but there probably won't be another release until January.

The second time I attached the file the same way that Frank Farmer did. Download it the same way you did Frank Farmer's file and it should work.

I will put the link in this posing, do a left mouse click on the attachment below and download it the same way you downloaded Frank Farmer's file:

After downloading, remove the .txt from the name so that the name of the file is:

wait..is this YOUR file or Franks??? Because the "O's and T's" are still not right...

I'm SOOOOOOO confused!!!! lol

my brain must be fried...again...

I downloaded YOUR file again, renamed it 10-12x12_Brian.custom.font, deleted Franks file, opened Superstar and went to the Font List and what is listed??

10-12x12_Vertical_Thin-Custom...and it works..all letters...why is it there? It's not in the folder when I go to LOR>SuperStar>Fonts?????

I'm done..going to bed so I can wake up and find something else that doesn't work for me at the moment I NEED to use it!! LOL

Edited by jimswinder

Yes, I know, it is weird, but what you see in the font list is the name of the font that is stored inside the file. So even if you change the file name, it will not change what you see in the font list. You're not going crazy, it is not the behavior that you would expect.