Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence/hardware question

Gina Burns

Ok, so I just got done with my first sequence in the LOR sequence editor! Ya for me! But now my question is how to I get it from the sequence editor to the LOR hardware? :P

great , glad you got yours. I was finishing my first sequence about 8hrs work, I wanted to end my sequence about 3min 18 sec into song, so I selected ind sedquence at 3.18 and lost it all, seem I told it to end at 3 sec.28 not 3 min 18 sec

I am soo ticked:( was working on 32 channels and had just ordered 32 more to control more display features trying to get back in the mood to start over.

larrytcupp

Ga.

larrytcupp wrote:

great , glad you got yours. I was finishing my first sequence about 8hrs work, I wanted to end my sequence about 3min 18 sec into song, so I selected ind sedquence at 3.18 and lost it all, seem I told it to end at 3 sec.28 not 3 min 18 sec

I am soo ticked:( was working on 32 channels and had just ordered 32 more to control more display features trying to get back in the mood to start over.
larrytcupp

Ga.

Larry,

It may be too late for this sequence .. but keep in mind LOR makes a back up copy each time you save. Had you exited the LOR SE (Sequence Editor) WITHOUT SAVING you could have renamed the backup file to .LMS and saved most of your work.

I also suggest everyone save, and save often. It's not unusual for me to have 10 versions of the same sequence on my hard drive, each with a different date/time stamp at the end. If I royally goof something up, I can at least roll back to an earlier version.

Don wrote:

larrytcupp wrote:

larrytcupp

Ga.

Larry,

It may be too late for this sequence .. but keep in mind LOR makes a back up copy each time you save. Had you exited the LOR SE (Sequence Editor) WITHOUT SAVING you could have renamed the backup file to .LMS and saved most of your work.

I also suggest everyone save, and save often. It's not unusual for me to have 10 versions of the same sequence on my hard drive, each with a different date/time stamp at the end. If I royally goof something up, I can at least roll back to an earlier version.

this is very good advice, I tend to do this with any photoshop and video work I do, I usualy end up with 8 or so versions of all my projects. I eat 250 gb hard drives for breakfast :P

I will be sure to do this when i start workign on my 16 ch show in the next 2 weeks

yes too late for this sequence, have been reconstructing sequence and double saving all files.What would be nice for us newbies who are a little challenged would be a WEBX type training kinda like one of the PC guys did with Animated software I think about 6 Months ago using "go to meeting " .com

the tutorials help but leave a lot of questions unanswered, DAN what do ya think could this be done?

larrytcupp

64 channel LOR investment and struggling

larrytcupp wrote:

yes too late for this sequence, have been reconstructing sequence and double saving all files.What would be nice for us newbies who are a little challenged would be a WEBX type training kinda like one of the PC guys did with Animated software I think about 6 Months ago using "go to meeting " .com

the tutorials help but leave a lot of questions unanswered, DAN what do ya think could this be done?

larrytcupp

64 channel LOR investment and struggling

Larry,

Two things...

Yes we should have some training. I will do my best to get some on-line training soon.

One of the nice things about LOR II (which will be delivered very soon) is that with EVERYTHING you can undo and redo... So with this very unfortunate mistake with changing the total time, you could just undo it. Another thing that wil be added to a subsequent release of LORII will be auto-save.