• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NWSanta

• smjosephrn

• MattCole

• NINtender

I'm bumping this thread to thank NWSanta and his wife. I stumbled upon their pumpkins on youtube and was blown away! I do a large Halloween display every year and this is my big addition for 2008!

I just received my LOR 16 control package today! Hopefully some of your artistic talent will rub off on me!

Thanks for sharing! :)

I used some of their sequences last Halloween too. And sequenced my own stuff using their idea. Absolutely the hit of the block. I had some of my neighbors come over and surrender the decorating mantle to me. This year I will be expanding on the idea a bit more.

Well, I keep kinda a Disney Theme (Music from Nightmare before Christmas and the Theme from the Haunted Mansion) So I thought that this year I would take the pole that I use for a mega tree and turn it into a large Sail. Then place a few skeletons around dressed as pirates and have a Pirates of the Caribbean Corner to the yard. I thought that I could even mimic the Pirate drinking Rum in the PotC ride using the LOR unit.

My entire haunt is pirate themed this year. I'm doing pirate song sequences, mixed in with POC quotes and traditional Halloween classics.

I see now how LOR is so addicting! I'm having a blast creating my show.

Nwsanta way to go! My son just found your display on youtube. I caved in last month and told him he could do Halloween, he is 10. We have found 11 pumkins and 7 strobes and Friday we found a brand new fogger. We are now have found out that we may be moving, from florida to virginia. Did you list your Seq. on any sites. I would love to see them. Thanks and keep up the great work.

Rod Evans wrote:

Nwsanta way to go! My son just found your display on youtube. I caved in last month and told him he could do Halloween, he is 10. We have found 11 pumkins and 7 strobes and Friday we found a brand new fogger. We are now have found out that we may be moving, from florida to virginia. Did you list your Seq. on any sites. I would love to see them. Thanks and keep up the great work.

Just send him a PM or email. Not to speak for him, but he has been very gracious in sharing sequences in the past. If not let me know and I can send you the one that I've done for Time Warp from RHPS. I won't send you his, that's NWSanta's decision to make. Have fun, pumpkins are easy... Start on your christmas programming now. Good luck.

Matt

Rod Evans wrote:

Oh! I can't wait to offload some of the sequencing duties to my boy. Let me know how it turns out.

Evan plan on something similar this year, but hope to have a 'lead singer' (large jack-o-lantern) and the smaller ones as his back-up group!

Two questions:

How did you/your wife carve the pumpkins? The detail you have is amazing. I would think those thin skin pumpkins would be hard to work with.

If you don't mind sharing, I would love to have a copy of your routine. I got out of doing Halloween several years ago and just concentrated on Christmas, but the bug has bit me again!!!

Best regards,

Bob Chrisp

Sebastian FL

BobinFL wrote:

How did you/your wife carve the pumpkins? The detail you have is amazing. I would think those thin skin pumpkins would be hard to work with.

I paid target to do it for me.... Not real pumpkins, plastic with light bulbs included.

Hey Guys,

Haven't been into the Halloween Section in awhile. Lots of questions. Ok well really My Wife is the "Halloween Queen" she does all the work and I do all the wiring.

As for the pumpkins she used stencils and outlined them on the pumpkins then very carefully carved them out with a Pumkin Carving Kit. Like the kit seen here http://www.pumpkincarvingkit.com/
It's like a mini Saw kit and you just take your time and carve it out.

As for the 2007 Sequences, I put them on our site here : http://24.108.72.149/download/halloweensequences.zip

We've got a few new ideas for this year but, with a Newborn Baby the new ideas are taking a little longer to develop.

I'll check back from time to time with anybody elses questions.
Evan

• 1 month later...

Thanks again Evan and the whole NWSanta household. I'm going to put up some pumpkins using your sequences. Thanks again for sharing. What version of Bach did you guys use. I found a WAV site that has a version that sounds like your video on youtube. If you recall great, otherwise I'll tweak it. Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

NWSanta

I am using your This is Halloween sequence this year in my display. Tell you wife she rocks! I've been working on it (some small tweaks) since the end of August and for a month now my kids have been walking around the house singing This is Halloween. My three year old even goes over (daily) to my LOR computer and runs the sequence. I'll post a video when it's completed.

Question for the forum. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use a PIR motion sensor to trigger the show that is run off a PC? I know you can do it with the Director card and I know you can trigger the controller in standalone mode but there would be no sound. According to: http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=5943&forum_id=25
the ability was going to be added back in 2006 but I don't think it ever happened.

Thanks!
Dana

It might work. It's kind of a kludge to get around a problem that should be addressed in the software. I was kind of hoping I had missed something.

I know the answer is to just get a Director card. Anyone have one cheap? I've already spent WAY too much this year so I will probably have to add it to my wish list for next season.

Drawding,

Welcome to the slippery slope I started with 16 channels now I have 64 of my own and 16 at the neighbors house plus 2 ell's to look after and songs to program to boot...

Enjoy and happy LOR'ing

-Evan