Light-O-Rama Forums

CCF Red Pixels Always On

jimbucks227

I looked out my front window to check on the display before heading to bed and was distressed to see that, even though the show was off, the three red pixels on one of my CCF flood heads were still on at a low intensity. I shut down LOR on the computer and that did not fix the problem. I also unplugged the controller for 30+ seconds and that also did nothing. I switched the flood head with a different one and the new one had the same problem (which leads me to conclude there is a problem with the CCF controller itself). I don't see any jumpers like on the CTB16PC boxed that I can use to reset the controller. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Updating my previous post, I was able to find out that there is a reset button within the controller. If you push this button while powering up the unit it will reset the unit and, while doing so, run through multiple colors on the flood heads. I did that and I'm still having the problem. I also noticed that the red pixels were lit throughout the reset color cycles. I will be opening a ticket with LOR's help desk.

I saw your ticket and was going to suggest the reset. But since you said you saw the color cycle, that tells me you did reset it.

I've assigned your ticket to someone above me to help.

have the exact same problem, made the same attempts to get it to reset without any luck, also opened a ticket today

We just noticed the same problem on one of our flood heads. Our green is always on. I just opened a ticket as well.

Edited by kharisma

People at LOR sent two new units for me. Now have one more with both red and blue stuck on at low intensity. Ticket was opened and the fine folks at LOR are sending another unit. Would like to avoid all this and find out what the fix is, as I am sure LOR would also.. Both of my issues were after a short rain shower several hours before my show. The one unit that happened to be unplugged during this last rain, worked just fine after it was plugged in the day after the rain. I didn't notice any water or moisture of any kind in the failed units. Seems like the rain is the key to my issue, but don't find anything inside and the new controller takes care of the stuck led problem. I checked this last failure again today but it is still stuck on. Maybe the control box needs to be totally sealed to prevent even a hint of moisture. How about it Dan are you finding anything on my previously returned units? Would like to buy more but worried about the reliability even though you guys are doing a great job on support.

I just opened another ticket with LOR because now another one of my CCF controller boxes (not the one that was replaced) is experiencing this problem. Oddly enough it is exactly the same channel experiencing the problem...channel 6. It's definitely concerning. Like others, I, too, am wondering if it has something to do with moisture. My controller boxes are located under the roof of our front porch but they do get wet when it rains. It rained last night and I noticed the problem today. All my controllers are plugged into GFIs but I wonder if the lack of a ground on the CCF controller box is problematic. LOR support was fantastic for my last problem and I expect the same again...but I'd rather not have to ship controllers back and forth during the holiday season...and I'm sure LOR doesn't want to keep that up either. Thanks LOR for your support!

I am still having issues also. The two replacement controllers that LOR sent are now having issues. So I am waiting on replacements for the replacements. Support is a little slower this time not sure what the issue is. Have been waiting for nearly a week on the first unit, second one went bad a couple of days ago. Not sure if it's a supply problem or what? Think I'll have to go back to my regular flood lights until I can get something back. I hope they can sort this out quickly, I really like the coverage of the CCF.

• The topic was locked