Light-O-Rama Forums

spt1 wire

ranjanpa

My show is scheduled to go live on friday and I have run out of SPT1 wire. I live in the Bay area and was wondering if I could run into a retailer and buy some - home depot/lowes etc. Dont have time to order online and wait!! Pls advice

A search of Lowes ("stranded lamp wire") yielded only SPT-2 wire in bulk and SPT-1 in short 25 foot lengths.

A search of Home Depot ("lamp cord") yielded even fewer options, almost all for SPT-2 wire.

I've seen SPT-1 at Ace Hardware stores, but not online.

Last buy was at Home Depot. They matched Lowes SPT-2 18gage $35.00 price for 250ft. They also will take off another 10% for the add match.

Lowes Cerrowire sku38850

Home Depot Cerrowire sku 278130

Just had them pull it up on the internet at Home Depot with the Lowes sku.

I know you asked about SPT-1 but at this cost it may make sense. Thicker insulation-longer lasting.

Good Luck

Edited by AZDan

Last buy was at Home Depot. They matched Lowes SPT-2 18gage $35.00 price for 250ft. They also will take off another 10% for the add match.

Lowes Cerrowire sku38850

Home Depot Cerrowire sku 278130

Just had them pull it up on the internet at Home Depot with the Lowes sku.

I know you asked about SPT-1 but at this cost it may make sense. Thicker insulation-longer lasting.

Good Luck

Wow! That's cheaper than the SPT-1 I just emergency bought online for $165 plus shipping for an1000ft roll!!

I'll keep that technique in mind for the future, because what was on the shelf in Home Depot was a much higher price than that. Ty!

Thanks , will I be able to use the SPT1 vampire plugs with the cerrowire.

yes this wire will work with your plugs but you will want to shave a little insulation (or Plastic of the outside) to get a better bite on the wire.

AZ I'm impressed i have been trying to find that a lowes for sometime and couldn't.

Home Depot will add match and throw an additional 10% with one stipulation: The item must be the same brand and quantity. It was just dumb luck that they both carried the same wire, cerrowire.