Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels won't fade

jones.calebm

Running 6 LOR 1602W's with LOR S3 Software.

I am having the same problem but all the channels are doing it. I went into the HWU and tried the fade testing and they either snap on 100% or snap off 100%.

Its a real problem because many of my songs have long fades in them. Makes the show look bad when one section doesn't fade.

I tried reseting the controller 00 and tried again but still same thing. I am not running LED's on this unit.

All the other functions work fine on the unit just anything to do with fading does not. The other 5 units fade fine and this unit is #2 of 6 in the daisy chain.

I hope some of you pros can help us both out on this issue.

Running 6 LOR 1602W's with LOR S3 Software.

I am having the same problem but all the channels are doing it. I went into the HWU and tried the fade testing and they either snap on 100% or snap off 100%.

Its a real problem because many of my songs have long fades in them. Makes the show look bad when one section doesn't fade.

I tried reseting the controller 00 and tried again but still same thing. I am not running LED's on this unit.

All the other functions work fine on the unit just anything to do with fading does not. The other 5 units fade fine and this unit is #2 of 6 in the daisy chain.

I hope some of you pros can help us both out on this issue.

I had the same issue on the last 4 channels of my CTB16PC. Worked the night before but not this morning. I replaced the controller with a backup and the lights work fine. Could find no reason for the change to non fading.. LOR was contacted and immediately replaced the card for me. (THERE IS NO BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYWHERE!!)

Edited by plasmadrive

I figured it probably has to be a processor or chipset on it but was hoping someone could tell if they have repaired theirs before.

I told myself before that one of the last ones I got was going to be a backup but the longer it sat the more I thought what I could be adding! Lol

I have a similar issue but I'm not sure if it's the controller or the lights. Sometimes they fade fine, sometimes they just turn off and sometimes they flicker as they fade. No rhyme or reason and it can't be duplicated in any particular part of a song.

I have a similar issue but I'm not sure if it's the controller or the lights. Sometimes they fade fine, sometimes they just turn off and sometimes they flicker as they fade. No rhyme or reason and it can't be duplicated in any particular part of a song.

This sounds like LED's with not enough load. If it is you might need some snubbers.

Ok, Here is what I have noticed.

I saw another posting on the forum for a similar issue. They mentioned going to the HWU and go to advanced configuratioin. I saw this unit 9-16 was not able to be changed and it said an alarm that it could not read the advanced config.

One person updated the firmware and seemed to fix the problem. I am going to attempt this and hope nothing goes wrong. It is the CTB16DV5, one of my first of 2 controllers I bought. This unit is the 4th unit in the daisy chain and the other V5 controller is the 1st in the daisy chain. I also have one of the CTB16PC controllers that says it can not read in the advanced configuration.

Wish me luck and I will post results.

I almost bet this advance settings that you speak of in the HWU is for gen 3 boards and the LED curve settings.

I think you are correct Paul. I went through them again and found I misquoted the issues.

I just went through all controllers and found this.

All LOR1602W with the CTB16DV5 and V7 say they that the controller does not support the Advanced configuration.

The 2 CTB16PC I have do support this.

The first LOR1602W V5 is my UID 01 - CTB16D Ver 4.01 and all works great and allows you to change the 8-16 NC/NO Circuits.

The first LOR1602W V7 is my UID 02 - CTB16D Ver 4.40 and all works fine and allows you to change the 1-8 NC/NO Circuits but not the 9-16 Circuits.

The second LOR1602W V7 is my UID 03 - CTB16D Ver 4.40 and functions properly at the moment but had strange issues that I posted on another topic about locking up and having to always be searched in HWU as unit 44 and then change ID to 3 while the S1 is 0 and S2 is 3, after doing that it works fine but also can change the NC/NO Cirtcuits on 1-8 but not 9-16.

The second LOR1602W V5 is my UID 06 - CTB16D Ver 4.01and all works great and allows you to change the 8-16 NC/NO Circuits.

So the common thing is the 2 latest V7 controllers I have. I first thought it might be a Ether cable problem but the unit 5 is the last in the chain where the show ends. Unit 06 is actually the 2nd in the chain.

I got confues on the unit chain because I switched a couple around this year, but last year was when the newer UID 03 would lock up but this year taking time to troubleshoot was able to get it working properly besides that wierd unit44 thing.

Do you think updating the firmware can solve the issue?

I did a reset on all units one at a time and didn't solve it and swapped cables around and it stayed the same.

I made a case number with LOR but and they said to check the configuration settings and make sure the fade settings are 0%-100% and all units are set that way. But that is when I noticed that some can not be changed on the circuits settings.

My units 4 and 5 are the CTB16PC's, 04 - 16PC-G3 Ver 1.04, 05 - 16PC-G3 Ver 1.04, and everything works great on them.

I hope I made some since here! lol

Thanks,

Tony

Edited by TonyW

To further this on, I have now swapped that controller with 2 other locations using different cables, outlets and lights and having same issue with that controller.

It already has the latest firmware version in it. So I am pretty sure there is an issue with the board now. After this season I will send it to LOR and see if they can reapir.

I finnaly put it where it controles the least amount of lights so the show doesn't look as bad from no fade in or out.

Jeff, I tried a re-flash on the firmware and it didn't change it. Thanks for the help. That is also what the help desk said to try as a last ditch effort.

I think I will be sending 2 of my controllers in for repair after this season.

So again thanks Jeff and Max, I really appreciated your help.