Light-O-Rama Forums

Weird Christmas decorations. What the heck is happening?

LORisAwesome

It’s your choice. A lot of decorators feel you should stick to Christmas music. But then we start arguing with each other about whether TSO is really Christmas music…

What gets me about using songs like Gangnam Style is the question of why? If you use Gangnam Style because you like it, then great. But if you saw everybody else posting about what song might go viral and get you on national TV, then I’m not impressed.

Of course, everyone will swear their intentions were honorable (while calling the local TV station) :rolleyes:

Here you go...

If you follow the link to Vimeo, there's also Wish You Were Here by Roger Waters and Time by PF videos uploaded from 2011 that you can access from there. All are live versions. Enjoy.

Dang it George, every time you post this I get the urge to do Terminal Frost for a closing sequence.

Old saying says it all "There is a time and place for everything". I would think that if your going to do a 4th of July show, then this would be a good time to do the Gagnham thing then to show that America is a melting pot. But Christmas is not the time or place for anything other than Christmas in my opinion. Hey, but that is just my 2 cents, just disappointed that people would muddy the event with none Christmas stuff just to make a few people happy. Suppose you need to listen the Go Fish and Christmas with a capital C to understand me.

I know everyone has their own opinion but MP put it in place for me. Especially his last sentence.

But then we start arguing with each other about whether TSO is really Christmas music…

And they are. No arguing about it.

My feeling is this... Do what makes you happy -- as long as you aren't breaking any laws or hurting someone else. I'll probably never understand some of this stuff though.

For me, I will stay with what I consider to be Christmas decorations. No pink pigs with wings or peacocks for me. lol

I like the Trans Siberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller music, so I will use that in my shows. Some of the TSO stuff does not sound like Christmas music to me though, so I will stay away from those songs.

Jerry

My Daughter posted up on F.B. that psy who does that Gagnham stuff did something awhile back about hurting and killing US Servicemen.

That's not something I like to hear.

But then I found this.

http://www.reuters.c...E8B701Y20121208

An apology but non the less, he still expressed his feelings against us and the military that gave us our freedom.

I served 26 years and will never have anything to do with Psy or his Gangnam stuff.

And to think he was allowed at the Jingle Ball concert in Los Angeles.

Edited by Santas Helper

Old saying says it all "There is a time and place for everything". I would think that if your going to do a 4th of July show, then this would be a good time to do the Gagnham thing then to show that America is a melting pot. But Christmas is not the time or place for anything other than Christmas in my opinion. Hey, but that is just my 2 cents, just disappointed that people would muddy the event with none Christmas stuff just to make a few people happy. Suppose you need to listen the Go Fish and Christmas with a capital C to understand me.

I'm a bit dissapointed that you would make such a sweeping statement after just knowing one song out of 3.5 hours of music. I have 5 songs that are about Christmas for every 1 that isn't.

I include something for everybody to enjoy (That's the point isn't it?), if that offends or upsets anybody, I'm sorry you feel that way. If you actually looked at my play list you would see there is a healthy mix of everything. It's just Christmas lights. I think some of you are taking this far too seriously. Nobody is going to hell because they played a non Christmas song in a Christmas light show.

In a bit of defense to PSY's side. I would be pretty upset too if two of my innocent female friends were killed by a foreign millitary. So I can see why he was a little upset with us, I think I would be a bit vengefull in that situation too.

throw my two cents into that pile lol

I guess all this stuff above goes along with my manikin ladies-leg table lamp ;)

Better watch out before you get a burning cross on your lawn lol

I'm a bit dissapointed that you would make such a sweeping statement after just knowing one song out of 3.5 hours of music. I have 5 songs that are about Christmas for every 1 that isn't.

I include something for everybody to enjoy (That's the point isn't it?), if that offends or upsets anybody, I'm sorry you feel that way. If you actually looked at my play list you would see there is a healthy mix of everything. It's just Christmas lights. I think some of you are taking this far too seriously. Nobody is going to hell because they played a non Christmas song in a Christmas light show.

In a bit of defense to PSY's side. I would be pretty upset too if two of my innocent female friends were killed by a foreign millitary. So I can see why he was a little upset with us, I think I would be a bit vengefull in that situation too.

Seems to me that our service men were in South Korea defending their freedom during the Korean war, if not for them, there would probably be no gangnam style.

If our service men harmed his his friends, his anger should be at those individuals, not the entire military. I'm with Max and Tom on this one.

Jerry

Evil,

Know what I like about liberals, not very much. First in my above post, I stated my opinion. Did I say I was going to come to your display and burn a cross in it? So, please dont try to blow things up from an ant hill to a mountain. Gee cause I am not a liberal, does this mean I dont have the right to an opinion? I dont have the right to voice that opinion. Dont try to make me into something that I am not. Next thing I know, you will have me painted as some homicidal machining gun wielding freak that will gun down people in front of your house listening to non-christian Christmas music. And not fully knowing what happened with those two girls. Gee did they step off of a curb into the on coming path of the vehicle? Or where the service men drunk and driving? You dont know, I dont know. But for someone to spew hate for our country men and women over their risking their lives so that they can be free. Well that just does not go well with me. And Frankly what kind of American are you to lean towards someone like psy has me baffled.

Oh and BTW why after a decade (or there about) would psy now issue an appology? Why Obama does not want any of his dirt rubbing off. Seems that psy will be doing the White House charity bash that Obama and family will attend. Kind of like how Obama distanced himself from that preacher back a few years ago. Ya you know the one. The one that has problems with Whitey, Cracker, Honkey and so on.

Might be because I don't think we have any business in other countries enforcing Democracy at gunpoint. But that's not a subject for this forum...

I personally wouldnt use non christmas music. But thats me. I say as well to each their own. If someone wants to deal with the headache of tons of traffic after they run to the news- thats on them. I do not like Psy.

I think if I farted the national anthem I would be a youtube sensation. Thats how rediculous I think this guy is. And now people are finding out he is anti american.

As far as the decorations go I try to keep it to the lights but my 2 kids have a say on what gets bought every year.. :D So i do have a singing giraffe ( kids love giraffes) and a couple siberian huskies and dog sled. But music is all christmas. I do run a few non christmas after christmas for the new year show. Thats what i think. But like I said to each their own.

So please can we all just agree to disagree. This is America where we are all allowed our opinions and are all allowed to decorate whatever way makes us happy. :D I hope in no way did I offend anyone. But hey I realize you cant please everyone.

I personally wouldnt use non christmas music. But thats me. I say as well to each their own. If someone wants to deal with the headache of tons of traffic after they run to the news- thats on them. I do not like Psy.

I think if I farted the national anthem I would be a youtube sensation. Thats how rediculous I think this guy is. And now people are finding out he is anti american.

As far as the decorations go I try to keep it to the lights but my 2 kids have a say on what gets bought every year.. :D So i do have a singing giraffe ( kids love giraffes) and a couple siberian huskies and dog sled. But music is all christmas. I do run a few non christmas after christmas for the new year show. Thats what i think. But like I said to each their own.

So please can we all just agree to disagree. This is America where we are all allowed our opinions and are all allowed to decorate whatever way makes us happy. :D I hope in no way did I offend anyone. But hey I realize you cant please everyone.

Well said!