Light-O-Rama Forums

IDMX shipping?

k9smith

Hi David,

I am using the DMX equipment to control multiple Snowmasters T-1500 snow machines for one of my commercial projects (http://www.snowmasters.com/downloads/T-1500%20Specs%20Flyer4.pdf)

Regarding a delay - there is a delay but it is due to the spin-up time of the main blower as well as the priming of the pump. However, the command is received instantaneously.

I have used the HW utility and sequence editor - no issues.

Jeff

Jeff Trykoski wrote:

Regarding a delay - there is a delay but it is due to the spin-up time of the main blower as well as the priming of the pump. However, the command is received instantaneously.

Thanks Jeff. I've had an Antari S100 II DMX snow machine for several years so used to the spin up time. That's great news about no delays for the interface. Having gotten used to the very fast / responsive switching of LOR I was a bit concerned about possible delays interfacing to another mode (DMX512), but it sounds like I don't need to be worried.

Cheers,

davidt

Jeff,

How is the ease of programming or controlling your DMX devices through LOR? To give a channel a value, do you have to set the intensity first? How do you give a value of 254 in LOR I? Thx!

Wayne

Download Chauvet Showexpress. Last time I used it, it had both dmx and intensity setting when you moved the faders. The other option would be to do a math problem by cross multipying x/100 with 254/256, solving for X which will be your intensity level.

Will Sanders

Will Sanders wrote:

Download Chauvet Showexpress. Last time I used it, it had both dmx and intensity setting when you moved the faders. The other option would be to do a math problem by cross multipying x/100 with 254/256, solving for X which will be your intensity level.

Will Sanders
In the back of the iDMX-1000 manual and in the new Hardware Utility's console, you can find the mapping of an LOR intensity to a DMX intensity.

I've just went over the iDMX1000 manual and I must say that it looks very impressive! I'm most impressed with the DMX Test Console that was created. It will allow easy configuration, channel value/intensity equivalents, and ease of testing all DMX devices without modifying much.

The manual is located here: http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/iDMX-1000_Man_Web.pdf

Very good job on the manual. It quite clearly explains complex programming and operation of the iDMX1000.

Wayne

Wayne,

I read the manual several times last weekend. The virtual console in the hardware utility is a great feature. I can't wait to get my hands on the iDMX.

Charles

Wow, iDMX1000 is shipping and being recieved by those that pre-order it(like I did but then cancelled). I read through the manual and now I wish I hadn't cancelled my order for this because I wasn't sure how long past the shipping date it really was going to be. I found out there is a baby on the way and needed to save funds but now that I really want this again, now I gotta pay full price or wait till the sale next year. Lesson learned, baby is 9 months away, iDMX is now.;)

For those programming the iDMX1000...from what I see the intensity has to be changed to specific values to their equivalent DMX values. Is their an easy way to change the intensity...or do you have to go in and set the intensity value in Tools->Tool Options? I can just it being a pain to go in and change for every value you want to set it to. Thx!

Wayne,

To dim the lights you could use a fade in the software. You would still have to go to "Tools" to set the parameters of the fade.

My iDMX shipped today. Yea!

Charles

Ya....that sounds like it's going to be a pain for me. One second red (change intensity), another second green (change intensity), another white (change intensity), then close shutter (change intensity). There has to be a quicker way. I hope LOR 2 thought of this aspect.

WayneKremer wrote:

Ya....that sounds like it's going to be a pain for me. One second red (change intensity), another second green (change intensity), another white (change intensity), then close shutter (change intensity). There has to be a quicker way. I hope LOR 2 thought of this aspect.

LOR II does make it easier because you have a floating intensity tool bar that has 10 pre-set intensities that you can configure.

However with LOR I and LOR II for that matter, the way I have done this type of thing is to do a copy paste. I click on a cell with the intensity that I want, type ctrl-C (to copy) then I Select the cells that I want to move that intensity to and type ctrl-V (to paste) and that is it. I have found this much faster when doing intensity changes. I will also create dummy channels with names like (70%) where I have set all cells to 70% and I can quickly grab (copy) that intensity.

Dan

well my LOR IDMX and DC controllers made it to my houses this afternoon, it took the side road on getting hear due the wildfires.

• The topic was locked