Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree Lights

mackdave

When the top of your tree gets over crowded consider staging at different levels. This year went to a Triple Mega design with three mega trees on one pole. Over 20,000 lights and using 60 channels among 156 strands of lights. Tree is 32 ft tall and outer base ring is 24 ft. I spliced strings together to eliminate connections as strand length required doubles. There are three different base rings as well. Using C-6 lights you weight up quickly. 120 of my strands are C-6 with 36 stands M5. The top has separate hang off points staged at 5 different levels, about a foot apart to space thing out.

It seemed that most people on here were suggesting C6 for megatrees. So that is what I bought. They look gigantic to me. I wish I had gone with M5 or M6, so I guess it is a matter of opinion.

My tree is 16 ft high. Maybe if I had a much taller trees C6 would look better to me. ??

It seemed that most people on here were suggesting C6 for megatrees. So that is what I bought. They look gigantic to me. I wish I had gone with M5 or M6, so I guess it is a matter of opinion.

My tree is 16 ft high. Maybe if I had a much taller trees C6 would look better to me. ??

I have a 20 FT Tree, and had tried the C6... being it was relatively close to the road...I agree with you, too big, can see them sticking out every which direction...took them off and went m5...much better IMHO. But if the tree was far from the viewing public, I can see where the C6 would have its advantage.

I have a 20 FT Tree, and had tried the C6... being it was relatively close to the road...I agree with you, too big, can see them sticking out every which direction...took them off and went m5...much better IMHO. But if the tree was far from the viewing public, I can see where the C6 would have its advantage.

It is a bummer to spend $1000 on LEDs for the mega tree, and then go "Oops, I don't like it." It is not really an option for me to switch over to M5 or M6. :(

It is a bummer to spend $1000 on LEDs for the mega tree, and then go "Oops, I don't like it." It is not really an option for me to switch over to M5 or M6. :(

if my wife would have known, it would not have been an option for me either

Sorry LoriP,

If I was in the market to make my tree more fuller (I know, bad grammar). I would offer to take those off of your hands. I need to redirect most of my funds this year to some work around the house like remodeling the hall bathroom. Did you get them on the pre-buy price?

I like this kit also. I have been trying to come up with my own custom way. I have a 110v electric wench that I was thinking of adapting to the tree and use it. I also am thinking of making it with a second smaller tree on the inside of the larger and hopefully hoist both up at same time.

By the talks of everyone on here, I am thinking of using M6 in Red and Green but I am not a fan of the White (Clear) LED's, so will probably use incan for the white.

I'm using 48 strands of 70count 5mm wide angle LEDs on mine 2 strands per channel you can check my videos out on you tube dan75buck hope this gives you a idea

I am thinking of using M6 in Red and Green but I am not a fan of the White (Clear) LED's, so will probably use incan for the white.

There isn't a clear LED. But there is two different LED whites. Cool and warm. This is just my opinion but those icans will be an eye sore with those crisp red and green color LEDS. IMHO.

There isn't a clear LED. But there is two different LED whites. Cool and warm. This is just my opinion but those icans will be an eye sore with those crisp red and green color LEDS. IMHO.

I was wondering about that also. I am thinking the warm LED's would be the closest to the ican. I will see if I can find any at the after Christmas sales.

Thanks for your input Santas Helper.

Warm LEDs in my opinion look like a dirty yellow. Where as the cool LEDs give it a brisk frosty look. Mix that in with the red and green and I think your good to go. But as stated, this is just my opinion.

• Like 1

Max-Paul, thats about the best interpretation of the warm whites and clear incans I've heard. That's exactly what they look like to me. A string of yellow lights that were dropped in the mud. But again, just an opinion

On our mega tree we use 16 channels, 8 red, 8 green. We use 500 lights of each color per channel for 8000 lights total. It's 19 ft. tall with a 8 foot base.

• 2 weeks later...