Light-O-Rama Forums

WOW......What a feeling

T17443

I finally understand what drives all of you that have done this for 2, 3, 4, or more years. We just ran our show for the third night. Word is spreading. About 10 cars came and parked, other neighbors walked down, ended up with about 50 people standing out ooohhhhing, aaahhhhing, and cheering. We got a standing ovation when the show ended. Coolest thing ever, you talk about bringing a neighborhood together. It makes all that sequencing back in April worth it.

• Like 2

Glad you had fun, hope it went smooth for ya. I just got done having my neighbors over too. We had great weather also. Third year with LOR and it's still a blast when it all comes together.

First show for my display, it was flipping cold out there, so only a few were brave enough to be there. But still, it turned out nice. Since then, more and more people are slowing down, watching, stopping and so on. The best part is that when I moved here 2.5 years ago, that first Christmas 2010, there were only a few homes in this neighborhood that were decorated and these are very nice homes. That year and last year, I'd only done a static display but that first year, my home looked nice. Last year, I ramped it up some more but noticed there were a few more homes decorated.

This year, OMG...so many people decorated their homes and nice displays too. Of course, mine is over the top since this was my first year with LOR but I'm very thankful that others have made the effort to decorate and many are very nice displays. Did I push them a little??? No clue but if whatever I've done, put out a little Christmas Spirit, so be it!

Awesome I just found out today I made the newspaper! I told my wife 3 years back that when I make the paper im done HAHA no way! All my other years I was static display this is my first year with LOR. I have 32 channels and about 14,000 lights with about 1,100' extension cords. Im gonna add another 48 channels next year! I did tell the wife im on a 3 year plan What i get added by 2014 christmas is it it will be just replacing lights after that. I figured with the addiction I have I have to put a stop somewhere!

Awesome I just found out today I made the newspaper! I told my wife 3 years back that when I make the paper im done HAHA no way! All my other years I was static display this is my first year with LOR. I have 32 channels and about 14,000 lights with about 1,100' extension cords. Im gonna add another 48 channels next year! I did tell the wife im on a 3 year plan What i get added by 2014 christmas is it it will be just replacing lights after that. I figured with the addiction I have I have to put a stop somewhere!

That's what we all say!!!!! It doesn't stop easy.

• Like 1

This is my 5th year, I increased the intensity of this years show, I did more new sequences this year than in the last 3, spending time tweaking and tuning, making the lights...work with the music, and then a little kid comes up and says "I like your house Mister" and zing the reason why I do it comes to a reality

Edited by PMC
  • Like 1

Awesome. We went to the Humane Society last week to adopt a dog and she asked our address. They happened to have the paper on the table that just happened to have our house on it. I pointed and said "right there"...she laughed and she said "yeah I'd like to live there too", I said "no, really.... that's my house" had to show her the name under it... LOL now you have to just replace that goal...with making the 6pm news :)

• Like 1

Its a rush to say the least. Better than any drug. I keep doing different things to see the reactions. Added Solider's Silent Night during "intermission" people were crying.... its a rush

We found a Gemmy Talking Santa at a Goodwill the day after Christmas last year.. It was on sale for 75% off..walked out the door for $9. Santa would talk, but not move.. turned out, just needed an O-ring drive belt.. $4 O-ring assortment from HD later, we put him in the yard to do A Soldiers Silent Night.. last year he just stood in the yard reciting the audio. This year, I added a small tent, some kids-sized camo clothes and combat boots next to the tent. I have to add US and MIA flags to the tent, but it's the showcase of the display.

4th or 5th year of doing this, and each and every night is like the first. I remember the feeling you get when you see the faces of those watching. There will be more.. many more.. but savor each one.

Edited by TJ Hvasta

Big Joe here... Hi everybody!! been working six tens so no time to get on here--- BUT... also my first year with LOR. Within 1/2 hour of posting the vids to youtube and facebook, the local news called and had a reporter come over and interview me and took vid of the house... turns out they will be doing a show on Sun. as my house is the main attraction. avg. about 50 cars a night, with people honking and cheering outside. real cool...can't say enough on how nice this forum is for helping me with my questions!!!! :)

I was out "tweaking" my lights...when I heard a young girl call to her Mom walking down our street that she was going going to ride her bicycle ahead to the "lights house" (mine). Dead end street in the country so hardly any traffic...but I don't mind...Just to walk out front and see my show come together (and all my light toys getting out there)...All is good.