Light-O-Rama Forums

HOSTING FOR SEQUENCES

GDesch

Alright Light-O-Rama users,

We all know that we share sequences with one another, and I have a very easy way to do that, that makes it easier than the current method of people saying "oh look a sequence, Can you please send that to randomemailaddress@blahblah.com if so thanks!"

Instead, try what I did for hosting TONS of 16 channel displays, use google drive. They give you 5 gigs free of space for just having a gmail account, then just create a folder and upload the sequences you want to share, make it so the drive can be edited by anyone in the settings tab, and then share the url that they give you with everyone, that way they can upload and download what ever they want. It is really simple, and gets a lot more sequences for people. I did this in the below document with 16 channel displays. Cheak it out to see if its something you think you would like.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B86vzf3chl0oTjdPRjRNa1oyVzA/edit?pli=1

The only issue is that people NEED TO BE LOGGED INTO GMAIL IN ORDER TO OPEN THE FOLDER.

Have fun, and see if this would work for you!

Thanks again for putting the folder together. For fear of screwing it up (I'm not too familiar with Google Docs), how can I make a copy of the folder with all the 16 channel sequences you have hosted?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Awesome stuff! I plan to use and study these to help me get ideas on how to do my own programming. I'm usually pretty creative, but struggling with figuring out how to program the lights.

Edited by Klayfish

I use hotmail skydrive since I have around 150Gigs there. Plus I do not have to allow folks to be able to edit my files, not something I'd want to allow. Folks can download the sequence and then edit it on their own system. If I allowed editing folks could change the info on my skydrive and end up locking me out of my account. You should never allow anyone other than yourself to edit or make changes to your files online. That could be openinbg yourself up for issues.

All my sequences that are available have been made public and you can download any of them here:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=7D6D47DFA1C635AE&id=7D6D47DFA1C635AE%211240

Nor do you need to be a member or logged into a hotmail account to access any of my sequence files, unlike gmail which would require someone make an account to access the files.

Any CCR sequences in the bunch ? I'm willing to share mine. I think everyone would agree that CCR/RGBs can be very time-consuming to sequence, but I don't mind sharing if others are as well....

Any CCR sequences in the bunch ? I'm willing to share mine. I think everyone would agree that CCR/RGBs can be very time-consuming to sequence, but I don't mind sharing if others are as well....

If you go to ftp://199.72.55.209 Look in the 2012 folder, those are mine for this year, it has quite a few sequences with RGB stuff. If you would like to share yours put them in the upload folder. I would love to see some RGB stuff myself.

I use hotmail skydrive since I have around 150Gigs there. Plus I do not have to allow folks to be able to edit my files, not something I'd want to allow. Folks can download the sequence and then edit it on their own system. If I allowed editing folks could change the info on my skydrive and end up locking me out of my account. You should never allow anyone other than yourself to edit or make changes to your files online. That could be openinbg yourself up for issues.

All my sequences that are available have been made public and you can download any of them here:

https://skydrive.liv...DFA1C635AE!1240

Nor do you need to be a member or logged into a hotmail account to access any of my sequence files, unlike gmail which would require someone make an account to access the files.

Same here, Fire fox shut down :(

guess Microsoft and Firefox don't like eachother

Same here, Fire fox shut down :(

guess Microsoft and Firefox don't like eachother

Hotmail is undergoing changes and sometimes when MS does an update it screws things up, even to the point I can't access my folders during those times. Might want to try it again at another time, most folks haven't had any issues downloading my sequences from the SkyDrive.

And sorry, no CCR or RGB stuff, don't currently have those kind of lights, so haven't done any type sequencing that uses them.

Thanks again for putting the folder together. For fear of screwing it up (I'm not too familiar with Google Docs), how can I make a copy of the folder with all the 16 channel sequences you have hosted?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Awesome stuff! I plan to use and study these to help me get ideas on how to do my own programming. I'm usually pretty creative, but struggling with figuring out how to program the lights.

Can you share how you did it? I don't see any way to download the entire folder.

Thanks.

Can you share how you did it? I don't see any way to download the entire folder.

Thanks.

OK, I fighured it out. I'm not familiar with Googe Doc/Drive. I had to hit the "Open in Drive" button (top left) and then I was able to select all files and do a More, Download...

Thanks,

If you go to ftp://199.72.55.209 Look in the 2012 folder, those are mine for this year, it has quite a few sequences with RGB stuff. If you would like to share yours put them in the upload folder. I would love to see some RGB stuff myself.

i put all mine in the upload folder/new folder