Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with software startup

captainron19

I have light o rama installed on my laptop to run my show..... last year I did also install a version on my desktop in the event something ever went wrong with the laptop that runs my show. Today I went to open the sequence editor on my desktop (that I havent used in probably a year) and a box popped up stating "configuring light o rama" then another box appeared that read..."The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package"

The current source it shows is C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Local\Temp\{2B18BC29-B368-456A-A001-457A358D3148}\

I went I clicked on browse it shows it is looking for an installation package (MSI File)

If I click cancel I get error 1706 no valid source could be found for product Light-O-Rama the windows installer cannot continue

post-3564-0-92205800-1354196048_thumb.jp

I had this problem last year and the troubleshooting forum led me to the answer: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/7728-installer-problem-the-feature-you-are-trying-to-use-is-on-a-network-resource-that-is-unavailable/

Hopefully you'll find the solution there, I remember struggling with everything I tried until finding that thread.