Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR not working

Randall Huber

I ran my ccrs and all worked great in HU. when I play a sequence one ribbon doesn't come on. The HU recognizes all 4 ribbons though. Also, a section of the ribbon on a different one doesnt show red. That section is 3 pixels. It shows green fine and a few other colors. When there is a morph, the color is either lighter or off completely. Any suggestions?

What are the unit ids you are using for the CCRs? Look at the sequence you are playing from the Sequence Editor. Click the little plus sign on the CCR to expand it then you can click on one of the pixels and a dialog box will pop up and show the network and unit id that pixel is using which will be the network and unit id that the entire CCR is using. Do this with each CCR and verify they are using the unit id that you expect.

As for the section that is not showing red, realize that one pixel on a CCR lights up 3 LEDs. So I expect that you have red not working on one group of 3 LEDs and that group of 3 LEDs is one pixel. I have had this happen also, it is a bad pixel on the ribbon and the ribbon must be replaced. Submit a ticket to Light-O-Rama and they will send out a replacement. They will let you keep the one you have while you wait for the replacement and you can send the defective ribbon to Light-O-Rama after you receive the replacement.

hey Brian, I checked and all is good when i chose a pixel for each ccr. my ids were 6,7,8, and 9 like i have them configured and im on regular network

When you say "chose a pixel" do you mean that you chose a pixel from the Hardware Utility, or from a sequence in the Sequence Editor?

You can make a test sequence in the Sequence Editor, turn on all the pixels in the first CCR for 1 second, then turn on all the pixels in the 2nd CCR for 1 second, then turn on all the pixels in the 3rd CCR for 1 second, then turn on all the pixels in the 4th CCR for 1 second.

In the Sequence Editor click on the Play menu and set it to play a selection and to repeat. Select the region with the test sequence and hit play, it will play that region over and over. Go out and look at your CCRs to see if it plays as expected.

I had this same issue with on of my ccr. I had 2 pixel (3 lights in each) that did ont come on in red. What I did. Unplug the controller that is the problem. Hold the reset button and do not let go. Plug back in. It will run a simple sequence all red the all green ten all blue ( do not let go of reset button). Let it run a couple of times thru its pattern. Now let bo of button. If this did not fix it. Just let your programmed sequence run through a couple of you songs. I did the reset and it fixed one of my pixels but pixel #5 still did not turn on. After I let my songs run for about 30 min. it was all good. Not sure why but it has been a week and no other problems with mine. Do no trun off thc controllers during the season just let thme run 24/7

Good Luck

Don C.