Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II Features

LightORamaJohn

WOOT!

Looks like some good features. Just remember to make sure you have keystrokes (CTRL-ALT-T for example) for every menu item that you can click on. I want one had on my keyboard and one hand on my mouse for fast sequencing.

-Richard

richardh wrote:

I want one hand on my keyboard.... and one hand on my mouse for fast sequencing.

-Richard

...Isn't that from an Alanis Morissette song? ;)

Guest wbottomley

Here's the best part:

[align=left]Interactive Displays[/align]

[align=left]Create interactive shows that run on the PC. Push buttons, motion detectors and pressure mats can be used to trigger sequences. You can implement a jukebox to play songs or a control panel for kids to control part of the display![/align]

[align=left]That's what I want to do. I want those kids to drive mom and dad crazy by bringing them by every night.[/align]

[align=left]This is definitely a child's dream of Christmas![/align]

Even if that's not a possibility in the SE, you could always make a faded twinkle/shimmer from like 49% - 51% for as long as you want...and it wouldn't be noticable.

• 5 weeks later...

Since LOR II is in beta testing right now, would it be possible to find out what non-LOR hardware is included in the beta test? For example, last year, Dan mentioned that LOR II might be capable of supporting an X10 USB adapter rather than the serial adapter. Although I have the X10 modules, I have delayed purchasing the adapter in the hopes that LOR II would be compatible with one of the USB X10 adapters. Although I don't have any, I know LOR was compatible with the D-light boards; was just curious if the beta testing will include any of those boards for members that may have them. Can a listing be posted of what "outside" (non LOR) hardware/software is included in the beta testing? Or would this open a bucket of worms for questions like, "Why wasn't xxxx included in LOR II or the beta test?" etc. Guess I am just getting "pre-delivery" jitters after waiting about two years. At least, I won't have to worry about delivery on the way to the hospital -- but that was a different story!:P

Although I am not infront of my LOR computer right now, I do use X10 and am testing LOR II. I don't have an USB X10 module, however I don't remember seeing that listed in the H/U. I'll have to look into that tomorrow and I'll let you know.

I will say this though (mainly because Dan has posted it before) but with the first release, there will be nothing added that requires a major firmware update to the controllers.

Greg

Thanks Greg. I missed that post by Dan about firmware upgrade. I was still under the impression that we would have to upgrade the boards with new firmware.

I have ordered the USB adapter this year, perhaps I can use the old USB-serial port adapter to control the X10. I don't have a serial port on the laptop.