Light-O-Rama Forums

CCF strobe channels

zparsons

I am having a hard time grasping the simple concept of the strobe channels. Why is there a strobe on time and a strobe off time? If the strobe n on time is set at 0 isn't that the same thing as the strobe n off time being set at something other than zero? Can anyone post a demo sequence of how the strobe channels work?

From the docs:

The “Strobe n on time” channels select the amount of time the flood head is turned on while strobing. This on time varies from 8.33ms to 83.3ms. Higher intensities result in a longer flash.

The “Strobe n off time” channels select the amount of time the flood head is off while strobing. This off time varies from 2 seconds to 8.33ms. Higher intensities result in a faster flash.

Thus the two channels control how long the strobe will be "on" and "off". This allows for the "on" or "off" to be longer/shorter than the other setting.

So can't the same thing be done by just turning the rgb channel on and off?

It can, yes.

I think once you start to test the feature, you will see that adjusting those two channels is going to be much easier.

From the docs:

Don: I have several questions regarding the CCF and so far the one topic I wrote in has not given me any hope. You seem to know about the CCF, so please see if you can help me with my questions.

• LOR Software Version:3.8.0

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

We have two of the Cosmic Color Floods that we purchased earlier this year. I need to know exactly how to program them into our show. We have the 1602MP3 controller plus 9 - 1600W controllers. We have the Advanced license with SuperStar and the most current v. 3.8.0. I use the Simple Show Builder.

I have them placed in the Visualizer as "flood" lights and configured as follows:

Level: 1(background)

Channel Type: Normal

Assigned Channel > Device LOR > Net/Iniv: Regular

I have given both unit numbers via the Hardware program. I need to know how do you program it into the LOR Sequence Editor (Advanced) program in the sequences that we have already created. These 2 new CCF units will be daisy chained with the regular controllers. I need to know how do we program the CCF in the sequence so we can get use of all of the RGB color range. Each CCF will have 2 floods. What I understand from the user manual is that each one has only 10 channels, 1,2,3 are RGB 4, 5 on/off strobe; 6, 7, 8 are RBG. So how do I write it in the sequences? :wacko: please help me before they take me away in a straight jacket... :blink:

Your help will be greatly appreciated!! :wub:

Sincerey,

Denise

Thus the two channels control how long the strobe will be "on" and "off". This allows for the "on" or "off" to be longer/shorter than the other setting.

Edited by DeniseN

• The topic was locked