Light-O-Rama Forums

This year's show with new features and 4000 more channels.

kennyz06

Wow, looks like I've been out of the loop too long. What's E1.31? I heard them talking about Ray Wu's pixels at the PNW gathering but, didn't get a chance to really understand how they are used and programmed. I'm sure your sequencing would really blow my mind but, I'm willing to put my learning hat on.

Very Cool and clean display!!!

Evan

Great looking tree and many thanks for your "Toys for Tots" effort

Are your pixels 5v or 12v?

Is your tree a full 360 or 270?

• 2 weeks later...

My solution to the problem you describe was that my mega-tree uses 16 strands each of white, green and CCB. For some songs I don't use the RGB lights at all. For others, the RGB is used as an accent. For example, with Silent Night I did a snowfall effect with just the CCB's. With "It's the Most Wonderful Time" I did some heavier RGB effects but I also used the white or green regular strands to tie the tree back in with the rest of the display.

I'd love to do some of the spiral effects that you're pulling off, though! Those pretty well fried my brain trying to create them manually.

You need to look into Nutcracker it's very simple and it works well, you make the effect and then export it to LOR. It is a very good program.

• 4 weeks later...

tree is very nice kenny and god bless you and your family for the work you have done for the toys for tots. i know of people that have had to use the service's tot provides, and its people like you that make christmas great for these people. without tot they would not have a christmas.

if you were in front of me would shake your hand and buy you a beer "lol" or two  :D

again i say GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!

thanks

jimmy61

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Sort of off topic here, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.  My wife and I need help.  We give back each year to charities and other organizations, but now we need some help of our own.  If you feel like helping, we'd appreciate it... details can be found here:  http://www.giveforward.com/samandkenny

Thanks again for all the kind words and compliments.

Hey guys,

Sort of off topic here, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.  My wife and I need help.  We give back each year to charities and other organizations, but now we need some help of our own.  If you feel like helping, we'd appreciate it... details can be found here:  http://www.giveforward.com/samandkenny

Thanks again for all the kind words and compliments.

Touching story Kenny. I hope my donation helps. The wife and I have been blessed with two little angels and I can't imagine life without them.

• 9 months later...

My entire display, www.mckinneychristmas.com is for sale....  I will part out everything.  Check my site for pics and videos.  PM me if interested in anything.  The controllers are all LOR as well. 

I'm located in north texas in case anyone wants to pick up the big things...

PM & email sent.

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of everything. Hope all is well.

Tom

PM & email sent.

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of everything. Hope all is well.

Tom

Oh, I'm in OKC so pick up would be easy.

Wow I got a TON of emails.  Let me just make this fair and I'll put up a listing of items and prices... give me a little bit to do that for everyone.

Item Model Quantity   Price per unit Link             Pixel Tree 2800 without base and pole.  2900 with base and pole 1   $2,900.00 http://holidaylightdesigns.com/index.php/products/pixel-trees/product/44-16ft-pixel-tree-kit-standard-definition Tree Top LED Ball   1   $500.00 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=954163478527&set=vb.194604414&type=2&theater Snow flakes 16" LED metal frame 16   $10.00   Arches 200 lights per section, 8 sections.   18ft long.  6ft tall 11ft wide when arched  3   $40.00   Roof Star 8ft Tall with roof base and C9 lights in 3 channels 1   $150.00   Mega Tree 25ft with star 1 Sold $100.00   Mega Tree Controllers CTBPC16 with encolures and cords 3 Sold $185.00   Mega Tree Lights Red Green and Clear 1 Sold $100.00   Red Mini Lights 100 Lights 200   $1.50   Clear Mini Lights 100 Lights 200   $1.50   Green Mini Lights 100 Lights 200   $1.50   50ft Green Extension Cord 16 gauge 50ft 30   $15.00   LOR Controller CTB16PC with Enclosure and Power Cords 14   $200.00   Vampire Plugs Male Green 200   $0.50   Vampire Plugs Female Green 200   $0.50   SPT Cord 1000 ft 1   $100.00   Sign holders Black  24"x18" 2   $10.00   Mini Trees Red Green and Clear 300 of each color 11   $20.00   FM Transmitter Ramsey FM30 with enclosure and power supply 1   $185.00   Snow Machines Pumps and Buckets included Chauvert SM-80 2   $100.00   C9 Red 25 Lights 10   $7.00   C9 Clear 25 Lights 10   $7.00   C9 Green 25 Lights 10   $7.00   Window Frames Various Sizes with Red Green and Clear 11   $5.00   Icicle Lights Led 10   $10.00   Strobes LED Strobes in C9 strings 20   $5.00   Light Poles 8ft Tall with 3" PVC wrapped with 8 channels of Red Green and Clear each.  200 Lights per channel 2   $100.00  

I just threw this together.  I need to double check some quantities but it gives a better rough idea of what I have available.  If I'm way off on any of the prices, please let me know.  I'm not trying to screw anyone over.... I just haven't bought stuff lately, so the pricing is just from what I remember.

As for why I am selling everything, it is to start a family.  My wife and I have had issues having children, so we went down the route of invitro.  It has been VERY expensive so far.  We can use this money to help offset some of the costs of it.

Thanks everyone!

I think I responded to everyone.... let me know if I didnt get to you.  Also, these items will be available come Sunday the 5th.