Light-O-Rama Forums

This year's show with new features and 4000 more channels.

kennyz06

Trees amazing. I love the mix of the song. Mind sharing the version of it, Im thinking it needs to find a way into this years show.

Absolutely true guys. You pay the premium for the LOR stuff because it just works. No tinkering. Sometimes that's worth it!

I do love seeing what everyone comes up. It's amazing how many roads this hobby can lead you down.

CCR's are still on my wish list for next year ;) at least one or two

Oh, and LOR has amazing customer service. I had a few controller burn up, and they took care of each of them without any issues. The warranty though them is amazing and worth the premium on the products. It's nice to know they take care of you, even after their item arrives at your door.

I also try and go for a classy look in my display. Sometime simple looks better than crazy all over the place lights. The hardest part of adding that RGB tree was making it blend with the show. It can do ANY color of the rainbow, but my house wasnt really set up for that, so I had to try and make it blend. Next year ill change up some more stuff so I can display more colors on the tree and still have it not look out of place. I have 6 other songs, but I haven't recorded them yet. One of the popular ones is Let it snow by Michael Buble. I have a couple snow machines that kick off during this song, and kids play in the snow flakes. It's really pretty awesome to see.

My solution to the problem you describe was that my mega-tree uses 16 strands each of white, green and CCB. For some songs I don't use the RGB lights at all. For others, the RGB is used as an accent. For example, with Silent Night I did a snowfall effect with just the CCB's. With "It's the Most Wonderful Time" I did some heavier RGB effects but I also used the white or green regular strands to tie the tree back in with the rest of the display.

I'd love to do some of the spiral effects that you're pulling off, though! Those pretty well fried my brain trying to create them manually.

Thanks! No, the tree is all done with RGB pixels I ordered from Ray Wu. LOR CCP and CCR stuff is way too expensive. I went the P12r route for the controller for it as well. Let me know if you want more info on it. I'm REALLY happy with the results.

Simply amazing!!!! Super job and well done!!! I'll probably want to contact you in the off season to learn more about all of those other methods and tools you used in your creation! First I'll try to learn on my own before bothering you, but thank you for offering!!

Way to go on expanding everybody's horizons on the possibilities!!!

Awesome RGB tree. That sure did spark ideas for next year. I just got into RGB on a small scale this year and already planning on adding more for next year. I am looking forward to your how-to on the RGB tree after the Christmas season. Very impressive, thank you for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic Job! Can't wait for the write up! So excited!!! Same with the snow machine, BTW what temp does it have to be to create the snow? Keep up the great work. Very Classy indeed!

BTW what temp does it have to be to create the snow?

It uses bubble (snow) fluid to produce snow so temp is not a factor. But I would be concerned with the fluid freezing in really cold temps?

And great job on the toys Kenny!!!

Edited by Santas Helper

Are your pixel string mounted onto anything to keep them taught and facing forward or do you have them strung up like a normal LED string? I find with with my normal LED pixel tree, I need to tension the strings quite a bit to maintain a nice triangular tree look. Otherwise they start sagging. I would be afraid to tension the pixel strings as they would pull apart the wire connected to the chip.