Light-O-Rama Forums

Triggered shows

Eric Nanista

After many hours trying different things and back and forth with tech help, I still can't get this to work. This is what I am trying to do. At the start of the show I want all the lights to come on. I have created an animation sequence for this. The show only runs on a trigger. When a button is pressed I want 3 sequences to play sequentially and when done all the used lights to come back on until the button is presses again. I can only get 1 sequence to play and none of the lights come back on when done. Help!!!

Are you doing the trigger as a show start option or as an interactive group? Either should be able to be made to work. I am doing quite a bit with my landscape lighting interactively so I should be able to help.

An interactive group. I have an animation of all lights on when show starts, when a button is pressed I want 3 or 4 sequences to play and when they are over I want all the lights to come back on until the button is presses again and the group of sequences starts again.

That should be easy. I think the first part you already have. Create a sequence that turns all the lights onto the "normal" state. Make sure the lights are on at the end of that sequence. That sequence goes into the "startup" tab in your show. Make sure the box for "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" is NOT checked.

As far as I can tell, what you want as 3 or 4 sequences will need to be combined into a single sequence. That's easy with some copy and paste. To the end of that sequence, make sure the lights end up in your "normal" state. Then create a interactive group with this sequence in it. Make sure you set it as a "Jukebox" type interactive group. Again, make sure the box for "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" is NOT checked.

Lastly create a sequence that turns all the lights off. Put that one in your "Shutdown" tab in the show editor. This you can have the "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" checked.

This should run your startup sequence at the timed beginning of the show. The other stuff will run when the interactive trigger is pushed. At the end, the lights should be back to the "normal" state. At the timed end of the show, the shutdown sequence will run which will turn off all the lights

BTW, the reason for creating a single sequence is that a Jukebox type interactive group is that a Jukebox type interactive group will play only 1 sequence each time the input is triggered. You need to run as a Jukebox type interactive because the other two interactive groups can have multiple sequences running simultaneously (which would most likely screw up the show).

Anything else, feel free to ask.

ok, finaly figured it out, I went back into my sequence and turned all tha lights on at the very end and now they stay on. I tries that befor but it did not work. I did upgrade my software too so maybe that helped.

I think I said that you needed to that in the 2nd paragraph of my 2nd reply (post #4).

Glad you got it working.

BTW, the reason that it do not go back to your startup animation after the interactive sequence is because that animation sequence runs once in the startup and then ends.

You can also list the sequences individually, without needing to combine them into a single sequence, and when triggered they will be played sequentially.

For what he is trying to do, he needs all the animations in a single sequence because a jukebox interactive will only play on sequence each time the button is pressed. The next time it is pressed, it will play the next sequence in the list, etc. He wants to play all 3 or 4 current sequences with 1 press of the button.