Light-O-Rama Forums
stonecutter2

Remedy for squirrels chewing extensions cords.

mix the red pepper with vaseline and apply where the critters are active. Did this on the line leading to the bird feeder and haven't had a squirrel bother it for a year.

I also had the squirrels knawing my bulbs off at the base. Only with string lights in the trees. Only rope lights in trees this year and never a problem.

Chip

This time I am going to DISAGREE with George and I hope I don't get called a "weirdo". Antifreeze is a slow agonizing death to any animal that ingests it. There are plenty of methods for critter control out there. The spray solution that was mentioned in here is very effective.

I am no tree hugger by any means and you wont see me protesting the local burger king with red paint all over me. I am a hunter myself, but I do have a strict code of conduct. I wont take a shot that may result in a painful or prolonged death. At the same time, I have 5 dogs and am an animal lover. By that I mean that I believe they have just as much right to survive as we do. Humans have always been famous for killing animals to near or total extinction simply because they are a nuisance. On the same token, I fully support managed cropping in a humane manner.

Quite frankly I credited LOR with more tact than to allow posts of torturing or cruel poisoning. You can call using alka seltzer "terminal gas" or you just say it internally explodes their stomachs, another slow and painful death. That video of the squirrel is sickening and although the people that did it have no shame, those that post it or think it is funny should be ashamed.  

My compliments to those with the humane solutions. When a genius can't best his opponent, he outsmarts them. Those without regard, respect or wisdom just kill them. I will side with genius.

I use hair. My brother in law gave me the idea. He does it around his garden. I went to the local barber and got some freshly cut hair (I an lacking myself). Worked great.